HR and Payroll Assistant - Clitheroe
- Job Type
- Full Time
HR and Payroll Assistant
- Salary dependent upon qualification and experience (18,500-22,500)
- 28 days holiday entitlement
- Staff discount card provided
The Company James Places is a dynamic and vibrant growing company with venues based in the Ribble Valley and beyond with The Royal Hotel, The Shireburn Arms, The Emporium, Eaves Hall, Mitton Hall, The Waddington Arms, Holmes Mill and Falcon Manor , all part of the group. So if you are looking for a new challenge, or just fancy a change, James Places has a lot to offer.
- We have passion for what we do – We demonstrate this through the quality of our people, food, service and buildings
- We deliver extraordinary experiences – We do this by having an eye for detail, delighting the guest, working as a team, making this happen!
- We are evolving and embrace change – Develop and grow as individuals, as part of a team and as a business. We will do this through creativity, reward & recognition
- We promise to be genuine, unstuffy and welcoming – Respect your colleagues and the customers, be cheerful, be positive, be friendly, be enthusiastic, be honest & be truthful
- To support managers in dealing with all Employee Relations and casework matters.
- From a payroll perspective information gathering, directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Supporting managers with starters and leavers onto the Access HR and Payroll System and ensuring YTD reports and information are correct.
- Supporting the Access Project with amends and employee updates such as amended pension details, tax codes and maternity and paternity.
- Providing administrative support to the overall HR function within the business.
- To review and manage individual cases and make recommendations to managers as to how they should proceed.
- To ensure that managers deal with issues professionally and sensitively in accordance with procedures and best practice.
- To undertake note taking during hearings, appeals and formal meetings with employees.
- To undertake the role of Link Officer for suspended employees under investigation.
- To complete administration tasks linked to both HR and Payroll.
- To work with managers to support them through payroll processes and procedures.
- At least two years within a HR and Payroll setting and team with experience within both functions.
- Employment Law knowledge
- CIPD or Payroll qualification desirable.
- Has presence and can build relationships at all levels quickly.
- Strong customer orientation and understanding of the concept of service delivery.
- Excellent problem solving skills with good judgment and decision-making ability.
- Effective listening skills and ability to coach others.
- Motivated to deliver and maintain a positive outlook in dealing with difficult issues.
- Is always discrete and demonstrates high levels of personal integrity and confidentiality.
- Strong project management and personal organizational skills with the ability to balance a number of differing priorities.
Job descriptions are not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake duties which are broadly in line with the above responsibilities.
Apply for HR and Payroll Assistant - Clitheroe
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly