Front Office Manager - Stratford, London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Front Office Manager - Stratford, London
Joining the Hyatt Regency London Stratford is choosing a contemporary East London stay in the heart of Stratford City.
The stylish Hyatt Regency London Stratford is set in the heart of Westfield Stratford’s urban shopping and entertainment complex. Walking distance to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, home to the iconic venues of the Copper Box, ArcelorMittal Orbit, London Aquatics Centre, Lee Valley VeloPark and the London Stadium, home to West Ham United football club.
At Hyatt Regency, we consider every detail and create a place designed to energise the people within it. A place where our guests can come together to share, socialise and collaborate.
Your personal style and creativity is what makes Hyatt Regency unique, and we are looking for a Front Office Manager, who embraces challenging the norm and who stands out to try new ideas.
- To ensure that your team are developed to provide a hospitable service in line with the Standards Training Manual.
- To ensure that your team are aware of hotel availability and take every opportunity to maximize room sales/ revenue.
- To develop your team to anticipate guest needs, act upon and follow up guest requests and deliver a level of service and responsiveness that generates compliments.
- To have a full understanding of all systems and programs e.g., Opera, Hyatt Rewards Club etc.
- To display a pro-active and innovative approach to skills development and standards enhancement with your team.
- Ensure communication procedures are effective and efficient on a day-to-day basis, so that service standards are not compromised.
- Establish and maintain strict security and health and safety procedures within your department, reporting any potential risks to the Rooms Division Manager and General Manager.
- Display a pro-active and consistent approach to stock control, cost control and cash control.
- Actively develop positive and effective communication between all departments.
- Ensure that you and all team members have a sound knowledge of the local area regarding history, places of interest and special events and where further information can be obtained.
- Accurately assess the needs of the business in terms of staffing etc. providing solutions to identified risks in line with trading levels.
- Actively develop your team’s awareness of revenue capture and resolving posting errors and guest queries relating to charges – to protect revenues.
- Be actively involved in executing revenue strategies and sales initiatives, by being an integral member of the hotel revenue team.
- To be able to build a consensus and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions to problems.
- To ensure each new member of the team receives a departmental induction within their first week and attends a company orientation within their first four weeks with the company.
- To carry out appraisals/job chats for your Team as per the company appraisals system.
- To develop the team skills and ensure they consistently learn and improve.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include: -
- Being attentive to guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
- Understand and anticipate guest needs
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
- Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints.
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers.
- Be able to promote the hotel products and services.
Joining Hyatt Regency London Stratford, you are joining one of the UK Great Places to Work!
Front Office Manager - What is in it for you?
Being part of Hyatt Regency also means, joining the Hyatt family which has over 1000 hotels in over 60 different countries, also recognised for over 5 years as a UK Great Place to Work Company for offering great range of benefits, including:
- 12 free nights per year of service across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
- Employee and Friends & Family rates across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
- F&B Discounts of up to 50% in Hyatt UK Restaurants & Bars
- Refer a friend bonus £500 per colleague introduced
- Workplace pension scheme
- Cycle-2-Work scheme tax-free
- Dry cleaning of business clothes
- Continuous Learning & Development opportunities
- Complimentary meals on duty
The role is subject to right to work check as per UK employment law.