Head Chef Brighton
- Job Type
- Full Time
What we offer You:
- £15.00 - £20.00 per hour OTE (including service charge - our data says you can earn between 1 to 5 per hour on top of your pay)
- Evenly split service charge (100% goes to the employees)
- Guaranteed full time contracted hours
- Complementary staff food & drinks while on shift
- VIB (Very Important Burgers) - generous food & drinks allowance off shift
- Your birthday off work fully paid
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Up to 1000 "Refer a Friend" scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 helpline via Hospitality Action
- Craft Exchange Programme - where you can get paid for jobs around Honest that you may have an interest in, like sign-writing, gardening or graphic design etc.
All our top performing Head Chefs have the opportunity to be rewarded with a "Green Jacket" title, which is accompanied by a pay increase.
The role and You:
We're looking for a Head Chef who can lead their kitchen team using their positive energy, passion and humility. You'll be a pioneer in leadership, health & safety, and food standards. There's an art to cooking burgers and chips the Honest way and our Head Chefs take responsibility to control a kitchen that runs perfectly whether they are on shift or not. Head Chefs have full accountability for their kitchen, including successful kitchen audits, recruitment, team development and stock management. You will be working closely with your kitchen team as well as General Manager and front of house team, to ensure meeting company KPI's, standards and efficiency as well as your team's happiness. We want you to help generate a culture of loyalty, positivity and opportunity whilst recognising the positive impact you can have on your team and consumers.
Areas of responsibility:
- Managing and developing your team
- Running service and pass
- Managing Food Safety and Health & Safety compliance
- Recruitment & training
- Meeting set KPI's
- Kitchen audits
- Stock and COGS management
- Compliance & Reporting
- Constant improvement to the service and restaurant's performance
We believe in equal access to support and opportunity that exists for all. We celebrate our differences and want you to help us to continually strive for diversity, inclusivity and a warm welcome for everyone. This means your name, age, race or gender doesn't need to be on your CV. If you'd rather take it off, that's good with us.