Head Of People Experience London
What we offer You:
- Hybrid working (2 days wfh)
- Competitive salary, tailored to the caliber of candidate's experience
- Complementary staff food & drinks while on shift
- VIB (Very Important Burgers) - generous food & drinks allowance off shift
- Your birthday off work fully paid
- 34 days holiday allowance (including Bank Holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 helpline via Hospitality Action
- Career development and progression opportunities
The role and You:
We are looking for an experienced Head of People Experience to lead the charge on facilitating a positive and inclusive workplace culture. Our future Head of People Experience will be responsible for driving all things people. Everything from engagement, performance management, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, wellbeing, recognition and communication, as well as overseeing the development and administration of reward, recognition, and team member benefits programs. Our future HoPE's mission will be to drive loyalty in our people by creating a compelling EVP.
Areas of responsibility:
- Working with the People Director to design and implement the annual people plan in line with the business strategy, ensuring it is collaborative, engaging and practical in delivery, promoting positive workplace culture.
- Evolve the employee journey to deliver an unforgettable experience in line with the brand values to customers with a focus on engagement, wellbeing, and DEI.
- Oversee performance management processes, including goal setting, performance reviews, and development planning.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to management and our people on employee relations matters, providing guidance and support to resolve workplace issues and conflicts.
- Lead initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion, working to create an environment where all employees feel valued and respected.
- Develop and implement programs to support employee wellbeing, including mental health initiatives, wellness and financial planning programs.
- Manage and evolve employee recognition programs to celebrate and reward individual and team achievements.
- Lead internal communication efforts to ensure that people are informed and engaged, including the development of communication strategies and channels.
- Manage the total compensation packages/offers, supporting the business in ensuring appropriate and motivational salary levels and benefits, with recognition and incentive programs distributed fairly.
- Responsible for overseeing our payroll, the most important aspect of the people function which is ensure our people get paid on time and correctly.
- Support the Head of L&D with the people succession and talent development management to identify high potentials and work in partnership to deliver their learning and development needs.
- Providing regular insightful reporting of the plan and all people activity on progress, opportunities, and risks.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in human resources, with at least 3 years in a leadership role focused on employee experience, engagement, or related areas.
- Proven experience developing and implementing successful employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, and employee wellbeing initiatives.
- Strong understanding of performance management best practices and experience implementing effective performance management processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with employees at all levels.
- In-depth knowledge of employment laws and regulations, with the ability to provide guidance on complex employee relations issues.
- Experience in designing and administering employee benefits and recognition programs.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to lead multiple initiatives simultaneously.
We believe in equal access to support and opportunity that exists for all. We celebrate our differences and want you to help us to continually strive for diversity, inclusivity and a warm welcome for everyone. This means your name, age, race or gender doesn't need to be on your CV. If you'd rather take it off, that's good with us.