Payroll Officer - Christchurch
- Job Type
- Full Time
Park Warden - Hoburne Park Holiday Park
Located on the outskirts of Christchurch, Hoburne head office is now looking for a Payroll Officer to join their friendly team.
A rare and excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded and friendly Finance team in a varied, progressive, family owned business. The Hoburne Group comprises Hoburne Ltd. and Burry and Knight Ltd. operating 8 holiday parks in fantastic locations, a residential park, 3 golf clubs, a property rental portfolio and a property development business.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role will suit someone who has some payroll experience whilst enjoying the opportunity to learn and make a difference to the business. Key responsibilities include:
- Processing a number of payrolls on a timely and accurate basis (weekly and monthly)
- Producing regular and adhoc reports
- Dealing with payroll queries from across the business
- Ensuring that all elements of payroll are accurate
- Practical experience of working in payroll/payroll systems (preferably NGA ResourceLink) or similar for an organisation of comparable size and complexity (at least 2 years)
- Good IT skills on generic Microsoft and other programmes, in particular Excel (Intermediate level)
- Experience of liaising with Human Resources team (desirable)
- Up to date knowledge of current legislation impacting on payroll
- A working knowledge of PAYE and National Insurance
- Highly organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work
- Ability to demonstrate a methodical approach to collating data and processing on a weekly basis
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy and demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Experience of statutory pension requirements and returns
- Excellent communicator and customer focused with ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
- Ability to work confidentially and to treat issues with sensitivity
- Responds well to challenge and pressure, is inquisitive
- Ability to question situations as they arise and challenge colleagues including those more senior, on issues in the workplace
- A willingness to undertake training as required.
Whilst this is a full time role, the opportunity exists to adjust the workload for a part time basis.
Salary circa : £25,000 per annum
As a member of staff, you will have a Hoburne Team Card giving you access to a range of staff benefits and 22 working days holiday per year.
If you think you have the experience, skills and attributes we are looking for, please e-mail your C.V. and covering letter.
The Hoburne Group is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics). A copy of The Hoburne Group Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy is available on request.