Junior Sous Chef
- Job Type
- Full Time
Hourly rate: £14 /hour plus service charge (£200 - £250 Per month)
The DoubleTree Docklands is located in a 17th-century building once housed London's last dry shipbuilding dock. With this unique mixture of old heritage and modern service, this 378 room hotel offers an exceptional family-like experience for its guests and employees. With the Jubilee and Overground-connected bus route C10 in the front, and a free ferry service to Canary Wharf, the property can be reached easily from both the north and south half of London.
With its various set of outlets and diversified range of guests, the DT Docklands offers an excellent opportunity for every team member from entry to a higher level to start or build an outstanding career in the field of hospitality.
A WORLD OF REWARDS
· Free and healthy meals when on duty
· Grow your Career
· Personal Development programmes designed to support you at every step of your career
· A chance to make a difference through our Corporate Responsibility programmes – Find out what and how we are doing (https://cr.hilton.com)
· Team Member Travel Program: discounted hotel nights plus 50% off Food and Beverages (subject to individual outlets)
· Team Member Referral Program
· High street discounts: with Perks at Work
· Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly to up to 33 days)
· Modern and inclusive Team Member’s areas
A Junior Sous Chef is responsible for contributing to menu creation and managing and training the kitchen brigade to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while managing food cost controls.
What will I be doing?
As a Junior Sous Chef, you are responsible for contributing to menu creation and managing and training the kitchen brigade to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Junior Sous Chef will also be required to manage food cost controls. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
A Junior Sous Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL IS WHO WE ARE, AND WE ARE HILTON!
Hospitality Integrity Leadership Teamwork Ownership Now
Maybe it’s all the little things we do to show we care. From thoughtful touches and friendly service to our warm chocolate chip cookie welcome, we are here to make your stay as comfortable as possible right from the start.
Find out more about all our brands and hotels - Hilton Brands | Global Hospitality Company