Meeting & Events Operations Manager - Hilton Gatwick
- Job Type
- Full Time
The Hilton London Gatwick is part of the Arora Group. Our company is focused on our people, promoting diversity and friendly work environment. With more than 70 languages spoken, we created a culture of excellence for all our employees.Meeting & Events Operations Manager 35,000 plus generous monthly Service Charge
We treat our team like family and our guest like royalty!
We are looking for a Meetings & Events Operations Manager who will delight our guests with sincere, attentive service.
Our new Meetings & Events Operations Manager will oversee all the functions of the Meetings and Events Operations Department and will work closely with Food & Beverage team to ensure that all conferences, meetings and group activities are coordinated and managed within client expectations. As a Meeting and Events Operations Manager you will oversee the client relations during their visit and event, liaise with the catering team and the Audio-Visual team in offering a seamless event.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all Meetings & Events / Conference and Events operations
- Maintain exceptional levels of customer service
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement
- Aware of trends and propose ideas to build the range and quality of Conference and Events
- Optimise sales and contain costs, identifying any areas for action
- Set achievable budgets and other short- and long-term functional goals
Provide effective leadership to the Conference and Banquet teams to ensure targets are met and exceeded both for the hotel and individual development
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience as a M&E Operations or C&B Manager within a single site ready to take on more responsibility.
- Warm and welcoming personality, along with a hands-on approach to work and impeccable attention to detail.
- Proven ability to lead, train and inspire a team.
- Passion for hospitality and a good knowledge of food, beverage and the restaurant industry.
- Eagerness to learn and develop your career within our amazing group.
What do we offer:
- A very competitive salary and service charge paid out monthly
- Access to your wages before payday (Wagestream)
- 28 days paid holiday with an extra 5 days, following 5 years’ service
- Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels as well as Hilton Hotels Worldwide, for you and friends and family
- Fantastic Training and Development opportunities
- Life Assurance
- VIP Crawley County Mall Card
- Merlin Entertainment Discounts
- Discount for travel fare on Buses and Trains
- Free Meals on shift
- Tastecard membership with discounts on dining, pizza delivery, cinema and more
- Unrivalled Career Progression prospects
Apply now to be our new Meetings & Events Ope