Head Chef - Thakeham, Pulborough
- Job Type
- Full Time
Head Chef - Thakeham, Pulborough
Location: Abingworth Hall, Storrington Road, Thakeham, West Sussex, RH20 3EF
Contract: Permanent - 48 hours per week
Salary: £27,400 - £29,400
Maximum 50 Covers | 9pm Finishes | Pre orders each evening
How would you like to work for an award-winning company in some of the most inspiring locations in the UK? Where success is not just focused on your ability to cook but also on your work-life balance?
You’ll be responsible for ordering, preparing, cooking and serving all consumable items as required by management whilst complying with HF Holidays policies on quality, quantity, food hygiene and portion control in line with budgets.
Your genuine passion for food and extensive catering experience should shine through in order to offer a great dining experience of all our guests. In addition, you’ll be a well organised manager who leads your team by example.
- Preparing and cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner to a high standard in line with company SOP’s
- Effective ordering, stock management and running a well organised kitchen
- Management of food safety, health & safety and other compliance matters relating to safe food production and service in line with company policy
- Produce rotas, be a great manager for your team and provide inductions for new starters as part of their onboarding plan
- Support the management team to ensure the smooth running of the dining room and· interact with guests in a way that promotes a warm and friendly atmosphere within the house
- A warm, friendly and approachable personality.
- A genuine passion for food and ability to cook with previous experience at sous or head chef level.
- A solid team player who puts the guest at the heart of everything they do.
- Energetic and dynamic with an ability to work well under pressure.
- Organised enough to run the kitchen and manage the team as well as cook amazing food.
- Competitive salary, plus equal share of tips paid monthly
- Pension contributions with Aviva
- Comprehensive medical benefits package with MediCash
- Annual familiarization visit at any of our country houses for you and your family (after 3 months)
- Free on-site car parking
- Free Uniform provided
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays accrued weekly, rising to 33 days after two years (pro rata for part time contract)
- One paid day each year to volunteer at a charity of your choice
- Exclusive discounts at several outdoor equipment stores
- Exclusive discounts on our holidays throughout the world for you, your friends & family (Subject to availability)
- Free professional training and development courses
- Cycle to work scheme
About the company:
Here at HF Holidays, we have over 100 years’ experience organising outdoor holidays. We specialise in offering a fantastic range of Walking and Leisure Activities holidays to over 70 destinations all over the world.
We currently employ a team of over 500, who work in our two main offices in Borehamwood and Penrith and across our 17 country houses around the UK, all in National Parks or areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
We have a firm belief in what we do and our Mission is ‘To provide a shared holiday experience, which inspire friendship, fun and an active enjoyment of the great outdoors’
This Mission supports our unique and special culture and our company values - Trusted, Collaborative, Exceptional Experiences, Ownership, Inspiring, Passionate and Fun.
Apply for Head Chef - Thakeham, Pulborough
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly