Reservation Manager - Haymarket Hotel - Reservations
- Job Type
- Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Reservations Manager to join our highly successful team at our Haymarket Hotel. Your main responsibility as a Reservations Manager is to take direction from the Deputy and General Manager; you will run the daily operation of the reservations department and handle all incoming reservation enquiries, ensuring that the needs of our guests are met.
Working as part of the management team, you will be need to be ambitious and flexible to adapt to a variety of scenario’s and situations. You should be confident in your knowledge of the hotel rooms and facilities, and be at ease managing rates and packages with clients and external agents.
What we Offer:
· Perkbox – A team member platform offering a huge variety of discounts and our reward and recognition program
· Wage Stream – An employee app to stream your wages before payday
· No split shifts
· Cycle to work Scheme
· Uniform and Meals provided
· Uniforms Dry Cleaned
· Social Events, Wellbeing and Team Activities
· Award winning training opportunities and Career Development
· Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
· And much more!
Essential Key Skills
- Previous experience in a high end operation as a Reservations Manager or Supervisor
- Previous experience using the Opera system
- Strong working knowledge of all the Front Office operations
- Excellent customer service skills and communication
- The ability to work well under pressure and in a busy environment
- A high level of understanding of the current hospitality trends and our competitors
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisation
- Capable of motivating a team through training and solid leadership
- Taking Reservations calls and replying to email enquiries
- Produce weekly and monthly departmental reports for the General Manager
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, travel agents and guests ensuring an inspirational service is delivered at all times
- Manage the financial aspects of the reservations department including budgets & forecasting
- Maintain and deliver consistent Firmdale standards
- Deal with any complaints and be confident to find a solution
- Conduct Duty Manager shifts
Why join Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an international award winning group comprising of 10 high end luxury hotels and 8 bars and restaurants in London and New York
We are delighted to have been recognised by the hospitality industry for some of the great work our teams have done. To name a few of our recent awards and accolades;
• Firmdale Hotels - “Winner of the Best Employer Award at The Cateys 2017 & 2020 and Number One in The Caterer Best Places to Work in Hospitality”
• Manager of the year - Laura Sharpe, Cateys 2018
• Hotel of the year - Group - Cateys 2018
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.