Head Pastry Chef - Haymarket Hotel - Kitchen
- Job Type
- Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head Pastry Chef to join our highly successful team here at the Haymarket Hotel. You will be working closely with the Head Chef supporting with leading and developing the pastry section whilst also adopting a managerial approach to ensure a smooth and consistent service. Working as part of our kitchen team, you will be expected to demonstrate excellent attention to detail, organisational and communication skills.
We are looking for a Head Pastry Chef who is passionate about food and will work well within a dynamic and fast paced kitchen, handling the preparation and order of service within the Pastry Kitchen. You will need a high standard of food knowledge and skill with an eagerness to deliver delicious food using only fresh ingredients.
What we Offer:
· Perkbox – A team member platform offering a huge variety of discounts and our reward and recognition program
· Wage Stream – An employee app to stream your wages before payday
· Paid Overtime
· No split shifts
· Cycle to work Scheme
· Uniform and Meals provided
· Uniforms Dry Cleaned
· Social Events, Wellbeing and Team Activities
· Award winning training opportunities and Career Development
· Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
· And much more!
What you Need:
· Experience in the same or similar role
· Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
· High Standard of Food Knowledge
· Passionate about food
· To be able to lead and develop the kitchen team
· Organisational and Communication Skills
· Ability to work within a team
Why join Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an international award winning group comprising of 10 high end luxury hotels and 8 bars and restaurants in London and New York
We are delighted to have been recognised by the hospitality industry for some of the great work our teams have done. To name a few of our recent awards and accolades;
· Firmdale Hotels - “Winner of the Best Employer Award at The Cateys 2017 & 2020 and Number One in The Caterer Best Places to Work in Hospitality”
· Manager of the year - Laura Sharpe, Cateys 2018
· Hotel of the year - Group - Cateys 2018
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.