Assistant Accountant - Herts
- Job Type
- Full Time
6 Month Fixed Term Contract / Hybrid - 3 days in the office per week
Full Time / 6 Month FTC
Haven is seeking a commercially-oriented part-qualified Assistant Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) to join our Finance team in Hemel Hempstead for a 6-month fixed term contract.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide support to two distinct teams within the Haven Finance Function-the Retail Finance team and the Central Costs Finance team.
During the initial part of the week, the incumbent will collaborate with the Retail Finance team, contributing to the support of the Retail function across our Parks and Head Office. This involves offering insights, generating reports, and conducting analysis. The Retail function, with an annual revenue of approximately 130 million and a contribution exceeding 45 million, encompasses various on-park activities (e.g., big jump, swimming pools, shooting, archery), amusement arcades, swimming pools, supermarkets, fun shops, and concessions.
The latter part of the week will be dedicated to working with the Central Costs Finance team. This team is responsible for providing support to the Haven Head Office functions, which maintain a cost base of 100 million. Responsibilities in this role include offering insight, generating reports, and conducting analysis.
This is a full-time position with a fixed term of 6 months, and the location will be at our Head Office in Hemel Hempstead (HP2 4YL).
Your Opportunity / Responsibilities:
- Run the weekly revenue streams for activity & leisure (A&L) and post entries to the p&l to support the weekly trading deck.
- Support the new IT integration for A&L from a finance perspective by reconciling sales figures and working with the digital team to ensure integrity of the numbers
- Contribute to the periodic forecasting and annual budgeting process for all retail venues & activities
- Other weekly sales reporting to support supermarkets, funshops & swimming pools
- Produce & review weekly KPI reports and identify any issues with trading across retail
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations for Head Office
- Preparation and posting of prepayment and accrual journals for Head Office departments
- Preparation of Head Office staff costings file used to support staffing analysis
- Contribute to the periodic forecasting and annual budgeting process for Head Office departments
- Ad hoc analysis for Head Office departments
What we'd like you to bring:
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to work with operators, Head Office teams and finance teams
- Excellent analytical and data interpretation skills
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects/trials simultaneously, prioritising effectively and meet deadlines
- Excellent excel skills to deal with large volumes of data from multiple systems, including the ability to perform V Look Ups and IF Functions
- You will have started studying CIMA/ACCA with a view to becoming a qualified accountant
What's In It For You?
- Holiday allowance that rises with service, plus a 'Holiday Buy Scheme'
- Annual bonus
- 20% discount on both Haven and Warner Hotels holiday for you, family and friends
- Comprehensive wellbeing support
- Access to the Bourne Leisure corporate box at the O2 Arena ,London
- Exclusive discounts with corporate partners
- Exciting career pathways, including Learning and Development opportunities such as Apprenticeships and Degrees
- Enhanced family friendly policies and pay (eligibility criteria applied)
Who are we?
We're part of an award-winning Bourne Leisure family, which includes Haven & Warner Hotels. We have 9,000 fantastic team members and 39 beautiful seaside locations and our HQ based in Hemel Hempstead.
What's it like to work with us?
Working with us is ultimately defined by our exceptional people and teams. At Haven, we take pride in our Breath of Fresh Air culture, which focuses on valuing and supporting every team member. We prioritise openness and transparency in our interactions allowing our team members to be their authentic selves.
We operate a hybrid working model, meaning 50% of your working week will be spent at the office, occasionally on Park, or at external events.
What can you expect during the recruitment process?
The interview process will be up to 3 stages and may contain a presentation or skills test, depending on the role. If you require any support or reasonable adjustments to help you perform at your best during this process, please let us know.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of who we are and what we do. Our commitment to these values is unwavering and they are central to our mission. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments or flexibility that you may require, including whether a role can be part-time or a job-share.
We genuinely care about every candidate's experience during the recruitment process and are here to provide support where we can. If you require any assistance or reasonable adjustments while applying, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.