Accounts Payable Assistant - Herts
- Job Type
- Full Time
Accounts Payable Assistant
Hemel Hempstead (Hybrid)
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Annual salary + bonus and benefits
Bourne Group are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Assistant to join our fantastic Accounts Payable Team on a 6 month fixed term contract to support with 4 key areas; Invoice Processing, Invoice Management & Supplier Budget Management / Cost Control.
You will spend 50% of your time working from our office in Hemel Hempstead (HP2 4YL) and 50% of your time working from home (2-3 days per week in office). Therefore, it is essential that you are at a reasonable commutable distance.
To learn, develop and become an expert in a key area of the business by:
- Invoice processing - managing incoming invoices from suppliers, dealing with queries from suppliers and team, navigating different statuses in the system to ensure invoices move to paid status in an efficient and timely manner.
- Making timely payments of supplier invoices to maintain good relationships with suppliers which can be crucial for obtaining favourable terms, discounts and securing future business & maintaining good records of Paid on Time Stats recorded on Government website
- Compliance and record-keeping - being responsible for ensuring all financial transactions are recorded accurately and in compliance with accounting standards and legal requirements.
- Budget management and cost control - controlling expenses related to supplier payments by verifying the accuracy of amounts owned through the reconciliation of supplier statements, identifying potential errors/duplication's.
- Communicating with team at Head Office, Haven Parks and Warner Hotel to address issues.
- Communicating with suppliers to discuss, address, and resolve issues.
- Reviewing supplier statements frequently and taking appropriate action to identify and address any area of potential error, duplication, or issue.
- Working with the wider Accounts Payable Team and teams across the business (Group wide) to maintain relationships.
- Taking a critical eye and being inquisitive to delve into issues and find solutions.
What we'd like you to bring:
- Detailed knowledge of Accounts Payable/P2P and all it entails.
- Knowledge of Procure to Pay cycle.
- Ability to understand impact AP has on wider business.
- Basic levels of accounting (debits and credits)
- Experience of working in a Shared Service Environment
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Customer focused with excellent customer service skills.
- Positive outlook and highly motivated
- Good technical skills to navigate around systems.
- Excel skills
Desirable, but not Essential:
- APA (Accounts Payable Certifications) or AAT
What's In It For You?
- Holiday allowance that rises with service, plus a 'Holiday Buy Scheme'
- Annual bonus
- 20% discount on both Haven and Warner Hotels holiday for you, family and friends
- Comprehensive wellbeing support
- Access to the Bourne Leisure corporate box at the O2 Arena ,London
- Exclusive discounts with corporate partners
- Exciting career pathways, including Learning and Development opportunities such as Apprenticeships and Degrees
- Enhanced family friendly policies and pay* (eligibility criteria applied)
Who are we?
We're part of an award-winning Bourne Leisure family, which includes Haven & Warner Hotels. We have 9,000 fantastic team members and 39 beautiful seaside locations and our HQ based in Hemel Hempstead.
What's it like to work with us?
Working with us is ultimately defined by our exceptional people and teams. At Haven, we take pride in our Breath of Fresh Air culture, which focuses on valuing and supporting every team member. We prioritise openness and transparency in our interactions allowing our team members to be their authentic selves.
We operate a hybrid working model, meaning 50% of your working week will be spent at the office, occasionally on Park, or at external events.
What can you expect during the recruitment process?
The interview process will be up to 3 stages and may contain a presentation or skills test, depending on the role. If you require any support or reasonable adjustments to help you perform at your best during this process, please let us know.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of who we are and what we do. Our commitment to these values is unwavering and they are central to our mission. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments or flexibility that you may require, including whether a role can be part-time or a job-share.
We genuinely care about every candidate's experience during the recruitment process and are here to provide support where we can. If you require any assistance or reasonable adjustments while applying, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.