Head Chef - Winchcombe
- Job Type
- Full Time
Head Chef - The White Hart Inn, Winchcombe
Salary circ. £30,000 - £35,000
The White Hart Inn is a charming 16th Century, 11 bedroom inn that offers accommodation right in the heart of Winchcombe, just outside Cheltenham.
Having recently been refurbished, we now require a classically trained, talented and passionate Head Chef to freshly produce British food in our 70 cover restaurant with additional function rooms that can accommodate up to a further 70 diners alongside a cosy bar serving bar food and drinks to our locals.
Applicants need to show experience in a high volume, high quality kitchen and be an experienced Head Chef.
- Effectively manage the day to day running of the hotel kitchen and staffing requirements to a high standard.
- Working closely with the management team you will be committed to achieving and exceeding all targets financial and operational, with the emphasis on forward planning and delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Manage the safety policy and fire register, Health & Safety legislation including HACCP & COSHH.
- Ensure full ongoing training to all staff with regards to kitchen procedures, temperature controls, hygiene and safety.
- Produce excellent quality menus and dishes, operating at a high standard.
- Be responsible for ordering and maintaining par and efficient stock levels, weekly stock audits and produce the cost of sales reports.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure the best produce and prices are obtained.
- Ensure COS targets are met.
- Follow company control procedures in accordance with the internal audit requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Head chef in a similar size of business
- Experience of driving standards with acute attention to detail; the ability to organise and plan ahead
- Ability to lead, multi-task and make sound decisions in a fast paced changing environment
- Be a strong manager who motivates and leads a team by example.
- Be standards and quality driven with an eye for exacting detail.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Passionate about what they do.
- Provide strong leadership to the team, inspiring them to support the aim of the core business plan.
- Have effective knowledge of stock management, cost control and effective labour scheduling.
- Have an ability to recruit, train, motivate, manage and develop the team to maximise talent within the business.
Who are we?
The Hatton Collection is a group of classic hotels and inns located in the Cotswolds, Somerset and Jersey. A family owned and run business, an eclectic mix of venues, some dating back to the 16th Century, others to the Victorian times and a few from the 20th Century, a true mix of style.
- Hatton Court - a Country House Hotel in Upton St Leonards, The Cotswolds
- The Corner House - a Victorian, budget, boutique hotel in Taunton, Somerset
- Chateau La Chaire - a luxury hotel located in Rozel Bay, Jersey
- The Snooty Fox - a traditional inn located in the centre of Tetbury, The Cotswolds
- The White Hart Inn - a traditional inn located in the centre of Winchcombe, The Cotswolds
- The Beehive - a quintessential English pub, located in Cheltenham, The Cotswolds
- The Rozel - a recently refurbished pub, classically modern, located in Rozel Bay, Jersey
Whether you are working behind the scenes, cleaning rooms, washing up, preparing vegetables, designing graphics, meeting suppliers, working at the pass or pouring a glass of wine and looking after our guests; we all share the same common values and think they are important enough to talk about regularly and share with anyone who begins their career with us.
Reasons to work for us
- We reward
- We invest in your training
- We understand that a career path is not always a straight one
- Job satisfaction is important to us A job you can boast about
In addition we offer:
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free meals on duty
- Opportunities for rewards and bonus - depending on your role
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
You must have the right to live and work in the UK and be fluent in both written and spoken English and be able to attend interviews in Gloucestershire. We can assist with local living accommodation.
Apply for Head Chef - Winchcombe
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly