Reservations & Events Coordinator - Gloucester
- Job Type
- Full Time
Reservations & Events Coordinator - Hatton Court Hotel, Gloucester
This is a great opportunity to join a small friendly team as a Reservations & Events Coordinator at this 4 star Cotswold hotel.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Convert bedroom accommodation, meeting and event enquiries into bookings on the phone, in person or by email.
- Record and process using the hotels ‘computer system - bookings, cancellations and amendments via phone, fax or email promptly and in line with company standards.
- Manage hotel selling strategy by opening and closing to specified rates linked to hotels business plan and as directed by your line manager.
- Liaise and communicate special requirements to other departments e.g. Cots, VIP’s and late arrivals.
- Prepare reports using both computerised reservation system and other computer software such as Word and Excel.
- Record and manage bookings that failed to arrive.
- Assist with pro-active sales initiatives to benefit the hotel
- Conduct show rounds at the property to demonstrate the facilities to prospective clients.
- Prepare and send confirmations and contracts for corporate events.
- Ensuring all event details are clearly communicated with the Operational Teams.
- Maximise revenue by upselling products and hotel services to prospective clients.
- Be able to develop excellent relations with the hotel’s customers including particularly from the local corporate markets.
Who are we?
The Hatton Collection is a group of classic hotels and inns located in the Cotswolds, Somerset and Jersey. A family owned and run business, an eclectic mix of venues, some dating back to the 16th Century, others to the Victorian times and a few from the 20th Century, a true mix of style.
- Hatton Court - a Country House Hotel in Upton St Leonards, The Cotswolds
- The Corner House - a Victorian, budget, boutique hotel in Taunton, Somerset
- Chateau La Chaire - a luxury hotel located in Rozel Bay, Jersey
- The Snooty Fox - a traditional inn located in the centre of Tetbury, The Cotswolds
- The White Hart Inn - a traditional inn located in the centre of Winchcombe, The Cotswolds
- The Beehive - a quintessential English pub, located in Cheltenham, The Cotswolds
- The Rozel - a recently refurbished pub, classically modern, located in Rozel Bay, Jersey
Whether you are working behind the scenes, cleaning rooms, washing up, preparing vegetables, designing graphics, meeting suppliers, working at the pass or pouring a glass of wine and looking after our guests; we all share the same common values and think they are important enough to talk about regularly and share with anyone who begins their career with us.
Reasons to work for us
- We reward
- We invest in your training
- We understand that a career path is not always a straight one
- Job satisfaction is important to us
- A job you can boast about
In addition we offer:
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free meals on duty
- Opportunities for rewards and bonus - depending on your role
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
You must have the right to live and work in the UK and be fluent in both written and spoken English and be able to attend interviews in Gloucestershire. We can assist with local living accommodation.