Sous Chef - Winchcombe
- Job Type
- Part Time
Sous Chef - The White Hart Inn, Winchcombe
The White Hart Inn is a charming 16th Century, 11 bedroom inn that offers accommodation right in
We require a talented and passionate Sous Chef to freshly produce British food in our 70 cover restaurant and function rooms that can accommodate up to a further 70 diners alongside a cosy bar serving bar food and drinks to our locals.
You will assist and deputise to the Head Chef, maintaining food quality, standards and discipline. Assist the Head Chef with menu development. You will be expected to assist in all aspects of the day to day running of the kitchen. You need to be organised, dedicated and have an eye for detail.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Chef de Partie / Junior Sous Chef, who has previous experience working in a similar role looking for a progressive and challenging opportunity.
- Work effectively as part of a team whilst undertaking a leadership role.
- Lead by example and offer clear direction to the team.
- Communicate relevant business information regularly, efficiently. Build effective and constructive relationships with the team and the client,
- Be uncompromising in achieving company standards.
- Support the Manager to ensure targets are met with labour and food costs.
- Computer literate.
- Currently be either a senior CDP looking for first Sous position or an experienced Sous Chef in a smaller hotel.
- Have an understanding of managing food costs and maintaining GP’s.
- Have experience in hotel or large restaurant kitchens with recognised food awards
Who are we?
The Hatton Collection is a group of classic hotels and inns located in the Cotswolds, Somerset and Jersey. A family owned and run business, an eclectic mix of venues, some dating back to the 16th Century, others to the Victorian times and a few from the 20th Century, a true mix of style.
- Hatton Court - a Country House Hotel in Upton St Leonards, The Cotswolds
- The Corner House - a Victorian, budget, boutique hotel in Taunton, Somerset
- Chateau La Chaire - a luxury hotel located in Rozel Bay, Jersey
- The Snooty Fox - a traditional inn located in the centre of Tetbury, The Cotswolds
- The White Hart Inn - a traditional inn located in the centre of Winchcombe, The Cotswolds
- The Beehive - a quintessential English pub, located in Cheltenham, The Cotswolds
- The Rozel - a recently refurbished pub, classically modern, located in Rozel Bay, Jersey
Whether you are working behind the scenes, cleaning rooms, washing up, preparing vegetables, designing graphics, meeting suppliers, working at the pass or pouring a glass of wine and looking after our guests; we all share the same common values and think they are important enough to talk about regularly and share with anyone who begins their career with us.
Reasons to work for us
- We reward
- We invest in your training
- We understand that a career path is not always a straight one
- Job satisfaction is important to us A job you can boast about
In addition we offer:
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free meals on duty
- Opportunities for rewards and bonus - depending on your role
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
You must have the right to live and work in the UK and be fluent in both written and spoken English and be able to attend interviews in Gloucestershire. We can assist with local living accommodation.
Apply for Sous Chef - Winchcombe
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly