Multi-Site Gardener - Gloucestershire
- Job Type
- Full Time
Multi-Site Gardener - Gloucestershire
Hatton Court Hotel, Gloucester GL4
Little Thatch Quedgeley
Beehive Montpellier Cheltenham
£9.00 - £12.00 per hr dependent on experience
An experienced gardener available to maintain the lawns, plant beds & carpark areas of these three Sites. Equipment available at each site. Must have own transport. May suit retired or semi- retired enthusiast.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To care for, manage and develop identified garden areas.
- To ensure that identified garden areas are cared for, managed and developed in order that they look their best at all times.
- To develop and maintain garden areas and beds, sometimes working alone and sometimes working as part of a team.
- To ensure that all health and safety issues related to identified garden areas are addressed to enable guests and staff to use the areas safely at all times.
- To be responsible for purchasing required materials, plants and equipment in order that the gardens can be cared for, managed and developed effectively in conjunction with Hotel Manager.
- To have a knowledge and understanding of the way in which to care for, manage and develop identified garden areas, including soil cultivation, digging, forking, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, edging, pruning, seed sowing, bed preparation and planting.
- To have knowledge and ability in the use and maintenance of hand tools.
- To offer support to staff when they access garden areas by working as part of a team sharing skills, knowledge and expertise related to the role of the gardener.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues as part of a professional team; working at all times within the hotel’s policies and procedures.
- To assist in the general efficient operation of the hotel grounds.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of hotel matters.
- To undertake tasks of a similar nature and level, as directed by the Hotel Manager.
- To comply with the requirements of Health & Safety.
- To participate in training courses in the use of new equipment as required.
Who are we?
The Hatton Collection is a group of classic hotels and inns located in the Cotswolds, Somerset and Jersey. A family owned and run business, an eclectic mix of venues, some dating back to the 16th Century, others to the Victorian times and a few from the 20th Century, a true mix of style.
- Hatton Court - a Country House Hotel in Upton St Leonards, The Cotswolds
- The Corner House - a Victorian, budget, boutique hotel in Taunton, Somerset
- Chateau La Chaire - a luxury hotel located in Rozel Bay, Jersey
- The Snooty Fox - a traditional inn located in the centre of Tetbury, The Cotswolds
- The White Hart Inn - a traditional inn located in the centre of Winchcombe, The Cotswolds
- The Beehive - a quintessential English pub, located in Cheltenham, The Cotswolds
- The Rozel - a recently refurbished pub, classically modern, located in Rozel Bay, Jersey
Hatton Court is an AA 4 star Country House Hotel, located on Upton Hill, Gloucester. Hatton Court has 45 ensuite bedrooms, bar/lounge, A La Carte restaurant, conference rooms, dining room and garden marquee.
Whether you are working behind the scenes, cleaning rooms, washing up, preparing vegetables, designing graphics, meeting suppliers, working at the pass or pouring a glass of wine and looking after our guests; we all share the same common values and think they are important enough to talk about regularly and share with anyone who begins their career with us.
Reasons to work for us
- We reward
- We invest in your training
- We understand that a career path is not always a straight one
- Job satisfaction is important to us
- A job you can boast about
In addition we offer:
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free meals on duty
- Opportunities for rewards and bonus - depending on your role
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
You must have the right to live and work in the UK and be fluent in both written and spoken English and be able to attend interviews in Gloucestershire. We can assist with local living accommodation.
Apply for Multi-Site Gardener - Gloucestershire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly