Night Porter - Gloucester
- Job Type
- Full Time
Night Porter - Hatton Court Hotel, Gloucester
Who are we?
The Hatton Collection is a group of classic hotels and inns located in the Cotswolds, Somerset and Jersey. A family owned and run business, an eclectic mix of venues, some dating back to the 16th Century, others to the Victorian times and a few from the 20th Century, a true mix of style.
- Hatton Court - a Country House Hotel in Upton St Leonards, The Cotswolds
- The Corner House - a Victorian, budget, boutique hotel in Taunton, Somerset
- Chateau La Chaire - a luxury hotel located in Rozel Bay, Jersey
- The Snooty Fox - a traditional inn located in the centre of Tetbury, The Cotswolds
- The White Hart Inn - a traditional inn located in the centre of Winchcombe, The Cotswolds
- The Beehive - a quintessential English pub, located in Cheltenham, The Cotswolds
- The Rozel - a recently refurbished pub, classically modern, located in Rozel Bay, Jersey
Our customers have come to expect a warm welcome from us and that's precisely what you'll be on hand to provide in this role as Night Porter. Your friendly personality is certain to make the process of receiving and registering guests a pleasurable experience for everyone involved.
This is a great opportunity for someone to progress their career, who has a genuine desire to work within the hospitality industry in a frontline role.
The Night Porter role will involve checking the week’s events on function sheets, setting up and clearing conference and banqueting rooms to the company core standards. Maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the hotel, conference and banqueting areas at all times during shift.
You will also check guests in and out at reception, answering the telephone as well as dealing with any guest requests and carrying out security / health and safety checks of the building. In addition the checking of the business in terms of revenue taken.
The Night Porter will be well presented and have excellent customer and communication skills with a good command of spoken English. You'll also be able to work as part of a team as well as showing your own initiative whilst displaying exceptional standards of customer care at all times.
Previous hotel conference and banqueting experience is desired, however we welcome candidates with different experience who can demonstrate they have the skill set we're seeking
- Available to work 11.00pm to 7.30am
- Available to work weekends (Thur, Fri, Sat and Sun)
- Good customer care skills
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Whether you are working behind the scenes, cleaning rooms, washing up, preparing vegetables, designing graphics, meeting suppliers, working at the pass or pouring a glass of wine and looking after our guests; we all share the same common values and think they are important enough to talk about regularly and share with anyone who begins their career with us.
Reasons to work for us
- We reward
- We invest in your training
- We understand that a career path is not always a straight one
- Job satisfaction is important to us
- A job you can boast about
In addition we offer:
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free meals on duty
- Opportunities for rewards and bonus - depending on your role
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
You must have the right to live and work in the UK and be fluent in both written and spoken English and be able to attend interviews in Gloucestershire. We can assist with local living accommodation.
Apply for Night Porter - Gloucester
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly