General Assistant - Tetbury
- Job Type
- Full Time
General Assistant - The Snooty Fox, Tetbury
- To provide assistance in any operating department within the hotel as required.
- To work as part of a team, and be flexible to workload demands.
- To provide a key supporting role in willing co-operation with others at all times.
- To be committed to delivering high levels of guest service
- To ensure that the high standards that the Company expects are maintained.
- To be polite and courteous in your behaviour at all times.
- To work in a tidy and safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
- To gracefully receive constructive criticism.
- To maintain and improve upon working your working performance at all times.
- To provide polite, friendly and professional customer service to all customers in the serving of food and drink. Guests are central to our continuing growth and improvement.
- Ensure customer requirements are met in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Ensure any customer complaint is referred immediately to your manager or supervisor.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene, health and safety and licensing legislation.
- Ensure all operating procedures are adhered to.
- Be security conscious at all times.
- Ensure the correct and safe use of detergents, chemicals and machinery.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards and defects are reported and reduced immediately.
- Understand the emergency evacuation procedures specific to the hotel.
- Attend department and hotel meetings, as required.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the hotel management.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Attend, as and when required, any training organised by the Company.
- Possess excellent personal presentation, communication and customer service skills; an ability to listen and respond to demanding guest needs
- A warm friendly personality, approachable and attentive
- A keen eye for detail Be able to work on own and as part of a team.
- Be able to work safely, quickly, efficiently and thoroughly.
- Be calm, efficient and organised.
- Flexibility in working hours and workload demands
- Be honest and reliable, trustworthy and respectful
- Maintain excellent timekeeping and attendance.
- Good command of the English language
Who are we?
The Hatton Collection is a group of classic hotels and inns located in the Cotswolds, Somerset and Jersey. A family owned and run business, an eclectic mix of venues, some dating back to the 16th Century, others to the Victorian times and a few from the 20th Century, a true mix of style.
- Hatton Court - a Country House Hotel in Upton St Leonards, The Cotswolds
- The Corner House - a Victorian, budget, boutique hotel in Taunton, Somerset
- Chateau La Chaire - a luxury hotel located in Rozel Bay, Jersey
- The Snooty Fox - a traditional inn located in the centre of Tetbury, The Cotswolds
- The White Hart Inn - a traditional inn located in the centre of Winchcombe, The Cotswolds
- The Beehive - a quintessential English pub, located in Cheltenham, The Cotswolds
- The Rozel - a recently refurbished pub, classically modern, located in Rozel Bay, Jersey
Whether you are working behind the scenes, cleaning rooms, washing up, preparing vegetables, designing graphics, meeting suppliers, working at the pass or pouring a glass of wine and looking after our guests; we all share the same common values and think they are important enough to talk about regularly and share with anyone who begins their career with us.
Reasons to work for us
- We reward
- We invest in your training
- We understand that a career path is not always a straight one
- Job satisfaction is important to us
- A job you can boast about
In addition we offer:
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free meals on duty
- Opportunities for rewards and bonus - depending on your role
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
You must have the right to live and work in the UK and be fluent in both written and spoken English and be able to attend interviews in Gloucestershire. We can assist with local living accommodation.