Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Hand Picked Hotels
- GY1 1FD
- 14 - 14 Per Hour
- 26 Jan 2023
- 23 Feb 2023
- Vacancy Filler
- Job Type
- Full Time
Food & Beverage Supervisor - Braye Beach Hotel, Guernsey
Is a Food & Beverage Supervisor role on the menu for you?
Are you looking for the next step in your Food & Beverage career?
An opportunity has arisen for a Food & Beverage Supervisor to join our Hand Picked Hotels Food & Beverage Team. As the Supervisor within the team, you will support your colleagues so they feel confident and ready for service as well as guiding them to ensure all daily tasks are completed on time.
Although taking orders and serving food is of course an important part of the job, this role entails so much more. You and your team will have the opportunity to deliver memorable experiences and to make someone’s day, every day. Whether it’s suggesting the perfect wine to go with Mr. Singh’s fish dish, or remembering that Mrs Hoy’s daughter was due to have a baby, you will make our guests feel welcome and special.
You will be an attentive person who can spot in seconds when someone is trying to catch your eye for the bill, whether they’re missing a spoon for their dessert, or if they need a high chair before they even need to ask. You’ll also have a big responsibility for maintaining the safety and well being of our guests, from allergy awareness to standards of cleanliness.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive hourly rate, live -in accommodation only £40 per week for a single en-suite room including all meals and bills
- Holidays that increase with service
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working in stunning surroundings in a beautiful beach front location on the island
- Training & Development to develop your career with Hand Picked Hotels
• You’ll have at least two years’ recent experience working as part of a Waiting team with good knowledge of food, beverages and allergens
• You’ll be a team player with a professional approach, bags of enthusiasm and a big smile
• You’ll take pride in your appearance, and proud to be the face of Hand Picked
• You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to demonstrate best practice
• You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
• Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, positive and proactive manner
Braye Beach Hotel is one of the newest additions to the Hand Picked Hotels collection and is the only 4 Star hotel on the island of Alderney, the northernmost of the inhabited Channel Islands and part of the Bailiwick of Guernsey. The Hotel has 27 bedrooms and 2 stunning restaurants, The Vaults and The Beach Bar. In one of Alderney’s most beautiful bays, the views are spectacular, making this an enviable location to live and work, no matter what the weather or season.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 21 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.