- Job Type
- Full Time
Hotel Night Manager – Woodlands Park Hotel, Cobham, Surrey
Do you know your late check in’s from your early check outs? Like our daytime reception teams, our night teams are often the first member of Hand Picked Hotels our guests meet when they come to visit, which means they get to make one of the biggest impressions. As the hotel’s Night Manager you will lead by example and inspire your team to deliver a fantastic welcome to each and every guest, every time.
Your team will get to know what someone needs before they even know it themselves, leaving them impressed, reassured, and most importantly, feeling at home. It doesn’t matter if they’re first time visitors or returning guests, your team will charm them from the initial welcome to the “Good night” or “Have a safe journey” with the impeccable standards of service you encourage them to deliver.
Ensuring safety and security is a main priority for our night teams, but they are also expert all-rounders helping to fulfil many different roles whilst they are on shift, such as working on the bar, cleaning, setting up conference rooms and delivering room service food orders. If you have experience working night shifts within a hotel and are looking for a new challenge in a stunning location, then we would welcome you to apply.
This is a full time role that involves working between 10.30pm to 7.30am five days per week to include weekends on a rota basis – something you will be responsible for.
What’s in it for you:
• A competitive salary
• Delicious meals on duty provided
• 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
• Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
• Free parking on site
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• Pension & Life Assurance Scheme
• Training & Development to include Hand Picked People management training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing and Appraisal skills and the option to complete a Level 5 Management apprenticeship
• Most of all, you’ll have a professional, organised and friendly approach
• You’ll have previous experience working within a hotel ideally in a similar role - knowledge of Opera is desirable but not essential
• You will have experience of training colleagues and will enjoy motivating others to be their best
• You’ll be passionate about making our guests feel at home, and will develop a thorough knowledge of our of hotel products and services
• You’ll have experience of working night shifts
• You’ll be excellent at building a rapport with colleagues and guests
• You’ll take pride in your appearance and always lead by example as the face of Hand Picked Hotels
Woodlands Park Hotel is a 4 Red Star Hotel with 44 bedrooms, a 2 AA Rosette restaurant and a Health Club & Spa. It is a popular leisure stay, afternoon tea and wedding venue set in 40 acres of parkland in the heart of Cobham, Surrey.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 22 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.