Assistant Bar & Lounge Manager
- Job Type
- Live in
Assistant Bar & Lounge Manager - Rhinefield House Hotel, Hampshire
Are you an experienced Bar professional looking for your next role in a stunning location like the New Forest?
We are looking for an attentive and charming Assistant Bar & Lounge Manager to join our Hand Picked team at Rhinefield House Hotel in Hampshire.
As the Assistant Bar Manager you will help to deliver an outstanding service experience for our guests in the bar and lounge areas, supporting your colleagues so they feel ready for service and supporting the Restaurant & Bar Manager to ensure the smooth running of the department.
You will have enthusiasm and passion for what you do and will enjoy making guests feel welcome and remembered - whether they are coming for evening drinks or enjoying an afternoon tea in our cosy lounge area.
The role will include a mixture of shifts on a rota basis however due to the nature of this Bar role it will of course include more afternoon and evening shifts between the hours of midday and 2am. Live in accommodation is provided on site with this role which is currently being refurbished and costs just £58.52 per week along with all your meals.
Rhinefield House is a busy 4 AA Red Star Hotel and as such the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience of delivering high standards of service, attention to detail and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Sound like a challenge you'd like to take on? Then we'd love to hear from you.
What's in it for you:
- A competitive salary - you will be paid for all the hours that you work plus a share of the Hotel service charge to boost your earnings - 100% of which is split between the team and reached up to £180 in some months during 2021
- Live in accommodation and meals provided
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service - we think it's fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it's as good as it sounds!
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Pension & Life Assurance Scheme
- Training & Development to include Hand Picked People management training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing and Appraisal Skills and the option to complete a Level 5 Management apprenticeship
- You'll have previous experience working in a fine dining restaurant (ideally with rosette accolades) and within a Hotel environment
- You will have experience managing teams and will enjoy motivating others to be their best
- You'll be motivated by delivering outstanding service
- You'll have experience of working in a fast-paced, busy environment
- You'll be excellent at building a rapport with colleagues and guests
- Most of all, you'll have a professional, organised and friendly approach
Rhinefield House Hotel is a 4 Red Star Hotel with 50 bedrooms. The Armada Restaurant has 2 AA Rosettes.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 22 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.