Senior Sous Chef
- Job Type
- Full Time
Senior Sous Chef – £40,000 per annum – 4 days on 3 days off – Stanbrook Abbey Hotel – Worcester
We are looking for a Senior Sous Chef to join our family. Do you have what it takes to be Hand Picked?
Are you an experienced Chef looking to progress your Kitchen Management experience? We know the step from being a Sous Chef to Head Chef can be a big one so here at Hand Picked Hotels we aim to equip our Sous Chefs with the skills they need to take that step.
From involvement in office and paperwork responsibilities, to people management training courses and annual Sous Chef Master classes, we will help give you the exposure you need to develop your career as a Chef. And of course alongside all of that you get to do what you do best, create fantastic food in our professional kitchens.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Four days on, three days off – we understand the value of time with family and friends
- Use of Health Club facilities including gym, swimming pool and fitness classes
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Annual Sous Chef Conference to aid networking and personal development
- Annual loyalty awards (to include overnight stays & weekends away)
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Pension & Life assurance scheme
- An opportunity to complete your Level 3 or Level 5 Management apprenticeship – if you would like to do so
- People Management Training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing, Disciplinary Investigations and Appraisal Skills – to help you develop your skills and experience
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 22 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Scotland. We are looking for a fantastic Senior Sous Chef to join our growing family.
Stanbrook Abbey Hotel in Worcester is one of Worcestershire’s best-kept secrets and the perfect retreat whether you are looking for a romantic break or somewhere unique to hold a special event, wedding or meeting.
As Senior Sous Chef you will be responsible for running the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef and working closely with the Head Chef on a day to day basis to ensure the kitchen is working efficiently. You will be responsible for the training and development of junior chefs in the kitchen. A hotel background and experience with functions and rosette cooking are preferred.
Please get in contact with Lee to hear more about this Senior Sous Chef role in Worcester.
Lee Clarkson – Resourcing Executive
Hand Picked Hotels
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.