- Job Type
- Full Time
Reception Supervisor – Buxted Park Hotel, Ashdown Forest, Sussex
Do you know your check in’s from your check outs? Are you an experienced Hotel receptionist looking for your next step in to a Supervisory role?
Our reception teams are the first people that our Hand Picked Hotel guests meet when they come to visit, which means they get to make one of the biggest impressions. As the Hotel Reception Supervisor you will lead by example and work alongside the Front of House Manager and team to deliver a fantastic welcome to each and every guest, every time.
It doesn’t matter if they’re first time visitors or returning guests, you and the team will charm them from the initial welcome to the “have a safe journey home” with the impeccable standards of service you encourage them to deliver.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week over 5 days to include a mixture of early shifts and late shifts, including weekends.
What’s in it for you:
- A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
- Live in accommodation is available for the right candidate looking to relocate to the area
- Delicious meals on duty provided
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Pension & Life Assurance Scheme
- Training & Development to include people management courses such as "Giving clear direction" & "Coaching for performance" and the option to complete a Level 3 Supervisory or Level 5 Management apprenticeship
- Most of all, you’ll have a professional, organised and friendly approach
- You’ll have recent experience working within a hotel as a Receptionist and knowledge of Opera is desirable
- You’ll be passionate about making our guests feel at home, and will develop a thorough knowledge of our of hotel products and services
- You’ll be excellent at building a rapport with colleagues and guests
- You’ll take pride in your appearance and always lead by example as the face of Hand Picked Hotels
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 22 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.