Pastry Senior Chef de Partie - 4 Rosette - Live in
- Job Type
- Live in
PASTRY CHEF - GRAND JERSEY HOTEL & SPA - 5 STAR & 4 ROSETTES
Are you a skilled Pastry Chef with experience at 3 Rosette level or above? Are you looking for your next challenge in a beautiful new location?
A rare opportunity has become available for a talented and creative pastry chef to join the team at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa in Jersey, Channel Islands as Senior Pastry Chef de Partie working with the Head Pastry Chef and Pastry commis chef to produce food for all areas of the Hotel ranging from high volumes of Afternoon teas, to weddings and conferences and of course our 4 rosette Tassilli restaurant.
Our Executive Head Chef Nicolas Valmagna & Marek our Head Pastry Chef are looking for someone who is confident, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and creative with new and trendy ideas, who can manage the section on the Head Pastry Chefs days off.
Whether it’s baking bread, making ice cream or spinning sugar, you’ll know your way around a pastry kitchen like the back of your hand and have a mind full of delicious creations ready to wow our guests.
You’ll enjoy being part of a team and love the fact that no day is the same. The candidate we’re looking for will be able to prove, pipe and plate their way to culinary excellence, and have guests sending their ‘compliments to the Chef’ and coming back for more. Sound tempting?
What’s in it for you:
• A competitive salary - all our Chefs are paid hourly and work 45 hours per week, with any overtime paid
• Use of Health Club facilities including gym, swimming pool and fitness classes
• 29 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty
• Live in accommodation charged from £65/75 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
• A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
• Working in stunning surroundings in a beachfront location on the beautiful island of Jersey
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• You’ll have experience at Chef de Partie level or above within a 3 rosette or above/Michelin star kitchen
• You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to demonstrate best practice
• Your knowledge of pastry and technical skills will be outstanding
• You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
• Most of all, you’ll be creative, ready to bring new ideas to the kitchen table with an approachable, positive and proactive manner
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, situated in St Helier, is a stylish and contemporary 5 Star Hotel, guaranteeing guests an exceptional experience. The hotel offers the ultimate in comfort and glamour through a combination of award winning restaurants including the 4 Rosette Tassili restaurant, an exclusive, atmospheric Champagne Lounge and the luxurious, award winning Spa.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.