- Job Type
- Full Time
Housekeeping Supervisor – Stanbrook Abbey Hotel, Worcester
Are you an experienced Hotel Housekeeper looking for a new role in the local area? Do you have an eye for detail that’s second to none?
At Stanbrook Abbey Hotel we are looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to join our hard working team and help keep our stunning hotel and bedrooms clean and looking beautiful. As a Housekeeping Supervisor you will play a hands-on role cleaning bedrooms and our extensive public areas as well as checking bedrooms that other members of the team have cleaned to ensure they meet the required standards.
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week working shifts between the hours of 8am and 8pm on a rota basis, to include weekends.
If you are looking to polish up on your management skills, then this role will give you an opportunity to learn and develop.
In return you’ll get some great benefits including £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels (that’s per room bed & breakfast!), meals on duty and a share of the hotel service charge to boost your earnings (100% of which is split between the team).
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary paid every 4 weeks directly into your bank account
- Delicious meals on duty
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- You’ll have experience working as part of a Hotel Housekeeping team - knowledge of Opera is desirable but not essential
- You’ll have extremely high standards of cleanliness and an eye for detail, noticing things others don’t
- You will have experience of training colleagues
- Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, welcoming and helpful manner as our teams work together to ensure our guests are happy
Stanbrook Abbey Hotel is part of the Hand Picked Hotels collection. Dating back to the early 16th century, Stanbrook Abbey is a former monastery and offers a unique taste of what life in an abbey was once like. The Hotel has had a £4.2 million refurbishment including a new brasserie style restaurant as well as eight new bedrooms, bringing the total number of bedrooms to 70.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.