Sales & Events Co-ordinator
- Job Type
- Full Time
Sales & Events Co-ordinator - L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, Jersey - Channel islands
We have an opportunity for an experienced Sales & Events Co-ordinator to join our Hand Picked team at L’Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa. If helping someone to plan and organise every little detail of their event is your idea of the perfect job, this is the role for you.
You are the ultimate ‘people person’ who enjoys building positive relationships with everyone you meet, giving them faith and confidence in your knowledge and event organisation abilities from the very first conversation.
You are also sales focused and enjoy making recommendations to meet the needs of your clients and their budgets. Whether it’s a conference, a private dining event, a wedding or a big birthday bash, you’ll take the reins and help to plan the event from start to finish.
The fantastic feedback you receive and clients saying “thank you for all your help!” will motivate you and be a regular highlight to your working week.
What’s in it for you:
• Working in a stunning beach front Hotel located on St Brelade's bay
• A competitive salary
• Staff accommodation available for a competitive price of £33.50 - £42 per week
• Use of Health Club facilities including gym and a swimming pool
• Staff delicious meals on duty provided
• 29 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• Life Assurance Scheme
• Ideally you will already live on the island
• You will have at least a years’ experience in an events co-ordination role, ideally from within a Hotel environment
• You have a key interest in weddings and events and can demonstrate knowledge of current market trends
• Knowledge of “Opera” is desirable but not essential
• You will have high standards of personal presentation
• You have the ability to establish rapport and deliver high standards of service with a genuine and approachable manner
• You’ll have experience of working in a fast-paced, busy environment
• You’ll be excellent at building a rapport with colleagues and guests
• Most of all, you’ll have a professional, organised and friendly approach
Please note that an Events management qualification is desirable but not essential
L’Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa is a 4 Red Star Hotel with 106 bedrooms located in St Brelades Bay, one of the most stunning beaches on the island. The interior is calm and elegant, full of space and light, while the outside impresses with its beautiful views over the bay. The hotel hosts a 2 AA Rosette restaurant, Atlantic lounge and recently refurbished outside Terrace restaurant for food enthusiasts. The Hotel has a variety of function spaces available and an award winning spa and health club.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.