Food & Beverage Manager
- Job Type
- Full Time
Food & Beverage Manager Opportunity
Are you an experienced Food & Beverage Manager looking for an exciting new challenge?
Would you enjoy relocating to Jersey in the Channel Islands?
At Hand Picked Hotels we have an exciting new opportunity for a Food & Beverage Manager to join the team at L' Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa in Jersey.
Please note this is a permanent position not a seasonal role and accommodation is provided for the employee only.
As the Food & Beverage Manager you will oversee the entire Food & Beverage operation and team, taking responsibility for ensuring high standards of service are consistently delivered.
You will manage, support and guide our vibrant and diverse team to ensure they create fantastic memories for all of our guests; whether they are dining in our 2 AA rosette restaurant, having a relaxing breakfast or afternoon tea, enjoying a drink on the outside Terrace, attending an event or simply having room service and a night in front of the TV!
You are the ultimate hospitality professional able to make each and every guest feel special and have the ability to encourage, and motivate team members to do the same. Your outstanding knowledge of all things food and drink related will inspire those working with you and you will enjoy sharing your knowledge and making sure regular training and development is on the menu at L’Horizon!
Contributing to the hotels strategic planning activities, you will take an active role in driving food and beverage sales, forecasting, creating and marketing a hotel calendar of food and beverage events.
You will manage the department’s payroll budget as well as other food and beverage operating costs in line with the budget ensuring targeted profit contributions are achieved.
Of course, being a Food & Beverage Manager requires a lot of skill and dedication, so you will have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail, along with stamina and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Does this sound like a tempting opportunity you’d like to explore further? Then we’d love to hear from you.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary along with accommodation in the form of a Management flat for only £45 per week!
- Use of Health Club facilities including gym, swimming pool and fitness classes
- Delicious meals provided should you not wish to cook for yourself although cooking facilities are available in your flat
- 29 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team plus gratuities
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working and living in stunning surroundings on the island of Jersey and a beach front location
- Online retail discount platform and a health and well-being platform
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Training & Development to include Hand Picked People management training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing and Appraisal Skills.
- You will already have Food & Beverage management experience within a multi outlet 4/5 Star Hotel and experience of managing a 2AA + Rosette restaurant
- You will have knowledge and experience of effectively managing large scale conferences, banqueting events and weddings
- You will have excellent knowledge of wines and some Sommelier experience would be an advantage
- You will have experience of leading large diverse teams and will enjoy developing team members and motivating them to be their best. Experience of working with seasonal teams would be an advantage due to the nature of our recruitment and payroll budgets.
- You’ll be motivated by delivering outstanding service and enjoy building rapport with guests and colleagues
- Most of all, you’ll have a professional, organised, charming and friendly approach
L’ Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa is a 4 Red Star Hotel with 106 bedrooms located in St Brelade’s Bay one of the most stunning beaches on the island. The interior is calm and elegant, full of space and light, while the outside impresses with its beautiful terrace and views over the bay. The hotel hosts a 2AA Rosette restaurant, Atlantic Lounge and recently refurbished outside Terrace restaurant for food enthusiasts. The Hotel also has an award winning spa and health club with 6 treatment rooms, relaxation area, indoor pool, sun terrace and gym.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer.