Manager Designate - Westcliff
- Job Type
- Full Time
Date posted: 07-09-21
Closing date: 15-11-2021
Genting Casinos UK- Manager Designate Scheme
Do you want to work for a world-renowned company who brings fun to the workplace and who values its people? If the answer is “yes”, then come and build a career at Genting Casinos!
We are one of the country’s largest leisure businesses with 32 casinos across the UK and are part of the global Genting Group. Read about our heritage here http://www.gentingmalaysia.com/ !
In the UK we employ 2,500 employees and are part of a unique and exciting industry where no two days are the same.
We are looking for experienced Managers from hospitality/ leisure/ retail backgrounds to join the operating function of the business as Manager Designates. You will undertake an intensive 9 month training programme, gaining experience of casino management and gaming knowledge through experiential placements across the UK. Upon completion of the training programme, you will join our talent pool and will be appointed to a suitable Management role nationally within the business. Working alongside Managers within our business, you will learn to pro-actively manage all aspects of the casino operation, ensuring delivery of effective, efficient gaming performance, ensuring full compliance of the Gambling Act 2005 and getting involved in financials and all areas of people management and development.
Throughout your training programme, you will be allocated a mentor to assist with your development and offer support with your placements where appropriate objectives will be set and monitored. We empower our employees to progress their careers the way they want and our ultimate goal is to develop successful Managers to become General Managers of the future.
To succeed in this role, you need to be: self-motivated, eager to learn, flexible about work locations and working hours, not afraid to work hard in a number of role placements, be prepared to work outside your comfort zone, and be committed to delivering exceptional customer service at all times.
What we are looking for:
- We offer a structured programme covering all aspects of gaming skills and management which will lead to fast track progression within our business. No prior gaming experience is necessary.
- What we do require is previous experience in all areas of Management, including People Management, Financials, Business Development etc.
- Previous relevant experience in working in a similar multi-site industry (e.g. late night F & B/ hospitality, hotels, retail and leisure businesses)
- A genuine interest, enthusiasm and desire to learn about the gaming industry.
- A passion for creating a culture of outstanding customer service
- A demonstrated ability to engage, motivate and develop staff
- A proven track record of building a strong team ethic
- An engaging & inspiring leader, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High levels of commercial awareness
- A commitment to continuous personal development.
- Hard workers, who are happy to roll their sleeves up and work in a number of placement roles as part of their training
- Self-motivated and highly driven to achieve exceptional business results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent Team Player
- Flexibility, availability and desire to train and work in various locations across the UK.
- Due to the nature of our business and to comply with the gaming regulations, all applicants must be 18+ and would be subject to a criminal record check (now known as Disclosure and Barring Service).
- There is the requirement for flexibility in terms of hours of work, and the ability to work shift patterns, including night shifts (we operate in a 24 hours, 7 days a week business)
- There will be the necessity to travel to, and work in, various locations across the UK during your training programme and thereafter.
- Full UK driving licence.
We are proud to provide a positive and fun environment to work in and a competitive salary and flexible benefits package. This includes pension scheme, health cash plan, employee assistance programme and access to numerous discounted goods and services. We are also committed to the development of our staff and offer on-going learning, development, coaching and mentoring to help develop our management team.
Please note: As we are a casino operator, all prospective candidates must be over the age of 18.