Cleaning Assistant - Royal Tunbridge Wells
- Fusion Lifestyle
- Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England
- £9.18 - £9.50
- 30 Jan 2023
- 27 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Part Time
We are looking for a Cleaning Assistant
Who We Are:
Fusion Lifestyle has the mission to bring health and wellbeing to communities across the UK. We are a registered charity and we invest back into the communities that we serve.
Who You Are:
We are looking for local people who share our passion for customer service, accept only the best, and have the ‘can-do’ attitude that creates the positive atmosphere in our centres. As a person you’ll be engaging; always championing exemplary standards and service.
To be successful as a Cleaning Assistant you will have:
- Understanding of relevant hygiene, health and safety legislation
- Effective and flexible communication skills, including the ability to build trust and rapport quickly
- Effective numerical and written skills for the relevant duties
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the customers and the centre
What you will do:
Fusion’s Cleaners ensure a safe, clean and enjoyable experience for all of our guests and members, and ensure everything is in its place. From special events to changing rooms and reception, you will be responsible for ensuring cleaning standards are excellent, and that every care has been taken to ensure the safety of our members and staff. You will need excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to offer exceptional customer service at all times.
Some of the main tasks and responsibilities of this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain the highest level of cleanliness and hygiene within the centre’s public and back of house spaces
- Champion in role and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety policy and procedure
- Carry out testing and / or other hygiene, health and safety checks as directed, passing results immediately to the appropriate person and escalating potential issues promptly
- Safely support managing customer flow and expectation of waiting times and attendance across all areas of the leisure centre
- Undertake all day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of the equipment and fittings, to the highest possible standards, bringing attention any faults or major repairs to the relevant team
- Proactively manage customer behaviour during the use of facilities to ensure highest possible levels of safety and enjoyment
- Conduct and record regular cleanliness checks of the centre’s facilities
- Ensure the safe storage of all chemicals and equipment to comply with COSHH regulations
- Notify Centre Manager on Health and Safety and maintenance issues
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers and escalating complaints where appropriate
*Something on this list you can't tick off? That's a good thing - because we can teach you!
Hygiene and Safety:
- Champion in role and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety procedure
- Carry out health and safety checks as directed by Centre Management, passing results immediately to the appropriate person and escalating potential issues promptly
- Undertake all day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of all fittings, to the highest possible standards, bringing to the attention of the Centre Management any faults or major repairs
What We Can Do For You:
We offer attractive employee benefits and competitive rates of pay. We can provide training and qualifications in a range of leisure activities as well as providing skills for life. Our extensive range of training and development opportunities have options for full or part funding.
We want to hear from you. Click the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.