General Operations Assistant - Oxford
- Fusion Lifestyle
- Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
- 30 Jan 2023
- 27 Feb 2023
- Job Type
Fusion Lifestyle are now hiring - General Operations Assistants
Fusion Lifestyle’s General Operations Assistants provide key operational support across all areas of the leisure centre, whilst delivering excellent customer service levels at all times. The areas of responsibility are covered by two main strands: hygiene and safety, and customer care and satisfaction.
To be successful as a General Operations Assistant, you will need excellent communication skills, including listening, questioning and delivering effective feedback, the ability to quickly build trust and rapport with customers, and the ability to motivate and inspire others to do better.
You’ll need to be flexible and able to work to suit the needs of the customers and the business, and have a “can-do”, team-player attitude; nothing is too much trouble for you!
You will need experience of working in a similar role within a fast-paced/high-footfall environment, and experience of delivering first class customer service to a diverse client base.
Ideally you’ll also have First Aid at Work and AED qualifications.
This is a diverse role where you will be asked to cover varying areas of the Centre on a daily basis. Some of the main responsibilities of the role will include, (but are not limited to):
Customer Care and Satisfaction:
- Actively engage with members of the public in their use of the facilities, encouraging repeat bookings, dealing with customer queries and delivering an excellent level of customer service
- Assist customers to understand and select the right membership options to suit their enjoyment of the services
- Own and action the handling of customer feedback, escalating where appropriate
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers
- Participate in sale and daily lead generation activities as directed
- Assist with daily operations ensuring effective, accurate and timely set-ups, take-downs and changeovers
- Provide a visible presence in sports, and physical activity areas of the centre to support and advise in safely and hygienically using all sports, and other physical activity equipment and products
- Communicate and promote centre services and revenue opportunities
- Promote a safe working environment where customers and staff are provided equal opportunities and exceptional levels of service in accordance with the Equality and Diversity & Health and Safety policies
- Safely supervise activities within the centre and operate the equipment in a manner consistent with safe working practice, ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the facility
- Bring to the attention of customers and management any risks in using sports and physical activity equipment around hygiene and safety, ensuring all customer T&Cs are complied with
- Provide emergency shift cover across the centre as required and qualified for
- Ensure all mandatory training, qualifications and memberships are up-to-date
- Commit to your own personal and professional development
- Other tasks and activities at reasonable management request to ensure the remit of the role is delivered
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include:
- 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Free Eye tests
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Industry Leading Training
If you are looking to further your career in leisure, then we want to hear from you!
Click on the link to apply
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.