Team Leader - Oxford
- Fusion Lifestyle
- Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
- 30 Jan 2023
- 27 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Part Time
We are now hiring Team Leaders at Hinksey Outdoor Pool
Are you looking to develop in your Leisure Career? Do you have transferable skills and are you looking to work in a rewarding industry that brings health and wellbeing to your community?
Then we have the role for you!
Who We Are:
Fusion Lifestyle has the mission to bring health and wellbeing to communities across the UK. We are a registered charity and we invest back into the communities that we serve.
Who You Are:
We are looking for local people who share our passion for customer service, accept only the best, and have the ‘can-do’ attitude that creates the positive atmosphere in our centres. As a person you’ll be engaging; always championing exemplary standards and service; and a leader capable of empowering you team.
Fusion Lifestyle’s Team Leaders are responsible for ensuring each shift goes off without a hitch. As Team Leader you will be developed so you can provide management coverage across all aspects of the centre, jumping in wherever needed and ensuring customers are happy. You’ll also ensure team members are deployed to the right places, and that they're clearly communicated with on a regular basis.
The position of Team Leader really gives you the opportunity to learn all aspects of the business in preparation for your next career step. We can supply training and development to help build your skills in leisure and management so you are ready for the next step in your career.
To be successful as a Team Leader, you will need previous experience in the leisure, fitness, or hospitality and service industries; along with excellent communication and people skills, and a "can-do" attitude - nothing is too much trouble for you! You'll need to have the ability to pass a National Pool Lifeguard Qualification, and we can support you with this.
Other responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Act as Duty Manager as-and-when required
- Ensuring a welcoming front of house presence is delivered at all times
- Assuming responsibility for centre operations on a shift rotation basis, including key holding, opening and/or closing the centre
- Coordinating the efficient and effective deployment of the team
- Undertaking fitness instruction, reception, pool supervision and /or membership sales, as required
- Cash reconciliation and banking duties
- Assisting in the development and management of a well-balanced activity and event programme
- Delivering induction, training, appraisals, development and performance management of staff where required
- Conducting team briefings (Huddles)
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers
How we can Help you Achieve Your Goals:
- We can provide free* training for the necessary qualifications
- We plan to hold regular meetings with other team leaders so you will be part of a learning community
- You will have mentorship as you develop you management skills
* A Learner's agreement may be required
National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification Course dates, 20th-24th March, 08:45-18:00 at Leys Pool & Leisure. Full attendance required.
Pool Plant Operators Course dates, 7th, 8th & 9th March at Leys Pool & Leisure
First Aid at Work Course dates, 14th, 15th & 16th March at Leys Pool & Leisure
What We Can Do For You:
We offer attractive employee benefits and competitive rates of pay. We can provide training and qualifications in a range of leisure activities as well as providing skills for life. Our extensive range of training and development opportunities have options for full or part funding. Our Workplace Development Programme can lead towards industry recognised qualifications and can also lead towards a Bachelors or even Masters Degree!
If you would like to further your career in leisure, within a dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.