Head of Marketing and Communications - London
- Fusion Lifestyle
- Greater London, England
- 10 Jan 2023
- 10 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Full Time
Fusion Lifestyle is on a mission to bring health and wellbeing to communities across the UK and we are hiring a commercially savvy Head of Marketing and Communications to promote Fusion and increase revenue.
We are a leading Sports, Leisure and Fitness operator and a registered charity with over 60 dynamic venues offering mainstream and specialist sports and leisure facilities. We also have some exciting brands such as INTENCITY (HIIT fitness studio concept).
As Head of Marketing and Communications, you will be instrumental in developing and implementing marketing and new business development strategies for a portfolio of centres and brands across Fusion Lifestyle, with the ultimate aim of growing customer numbers; improving customer retention and driving revenue and profitability.
This is a hybrid remote/ home working position however, you should be willing to travel extensively nationwide, as our centres cover areas from Devon, London and the South East, Essex, Oxford, Bedford, and as far north as Newcastle.
- National Brand Marketing & Comms Strategy - define the plan for an omnichannel consumer journey
- Develop and manage integrated marketing plans to support the promotion of the centres, products and services.
- Develop audience strategies to ensure the brand talks to more people, more often.
- Driving the provision of market information and insight including brand reputation, sentiment and coverage
- Ensure ROI’s on all strategies and campaigns are reviewed and lessons learnt,
- Sharing of insight, campaign reporting and trade-driving tactics
- Collating and analysing current communications and messages and ensuring consistency
To be successful in this role you will need to have worked in a similar role, specifically within a multi-site sales-orientated environment. You will have superb copywriting skills (perfect written English is a must) with proven experience in creating and deploying marketing plans that drive bottom-line results. Whilst this is a hybrid Remote/Homeworking role, you should be willing to travel extensively nationwide.
Solid experience in the following areas must also be demonstrated:
- Budget management across a portfolio of products
- The use of web content management systems (CMS)
- The use of social media, email marketing, web analytics and CRM platforms
- Working across numerous digital advertising platforms and business models, including Google Adwords and Google Display Network
- Broad all-round Marketing & Communications experience
- Commercial acumen with experience in a retail and/or leisure environment
- Strong leadership and management experience
- Data-orientated approach with excellent attention to detail
- Highly organised, analytical mind and an ability to multitask at a speed
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication presentation skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Solid CRM experience
- Knowledge of the digital marketing landscape
- Ability to manage objections and conflicts in an effective way
- Demonstrable leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritise goals
- Ensure marketing and comms function is strategic & commercial business function providing high-quality service to the business
- Work with the team - to ensure the strategy is delivered across all channels.
- Demonstrable experience in a broad range of Marketing and/or Communications disciplines.
- Experience in growing and maintaining a strong brand and profile, including the delivery of a consistent brand across multiple channels
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include:
- 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Manager’s pension scheme
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Free Eye tests
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Industry Leading Training
If you are looking to start or further your career in leisure, within a dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.