Catering and Housekeeping Assistant - Gwynedd
- Job Type
- Full Time
We are now hiring!
Catering and Housekeeping Assistant
Blue Peris Mountain Centre,
Dinorwic, Caernarfon LL55 3ET
Who We Are:
Blue Peris Mountain Centre is situated in the heart of Snowdonia. On the doorstep are magnificent mountains, tranquil lakes, and a stunning coastline.
Managed by Fusion Lifestyle and catering for a wide variety of groups from all over the UK; from schools, universities, MOD, youth, families, corporate team development, to individuals undergoing National Governing Body Awards; Blue Peris is, and has been, a safe and reputable outdoor education centre for nearly 40 years. Our teams are highly skilled and knowledgeable; dedicated to providing a truly life-enhancing experience to all of our guests.
We are now recruiting for an experienced Catering and Housekeeping Assistant to join our team in this wonderful location.
To be successful as the Catering and Housekeeping Assistant at Blue Peris you will need to have experience of working within a busy kitchen environment, as well as experience in supporting with housekeeping duties on a regular basis. You’ll also need experience of preparing basic food dishes, some that require cooking, and a Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate, (although training can be provided for this should the other criteria for the role be met).
As you’ll be working across the kitchen and housekeeping areas of the Centre, you will need to be an all-rounder; able to follow direction well, and have excellent communication skills - including listening, and the ability to quickly build trust and rapport.
Some of the tasks and responsibilities associated with this role include:
- Conduct basic record-keeping tasks, such as temperature checks
- Serve food to customers in a friendly, efficient and timely manner
- Receive, store and rotate food deliveries, replenishing and presenting food and drink in-line with established company and legislative standards
- Ensure all back and front of kitchen areas are presented in a tidy, clean and hygienic manner at all times
- Prepare, cook and produce basic food menus as directed using modern methods and equipment, using fresh and convenience food as provided, sometimes while lone-working
- Work alongside and supporting the team operating in the dining room, and serving areas
- Perform kitchen set-up and close-down process
- Understand and deal with dietary requirements directly with customers, ensuring strict adherence to Health and Safety compliance
- Prepare any Camp food as required, including Centre-cooked and sealed meals, and ensure daily group flasks are arranged as required
- Alongside the Head Cook and Housekeeping Supervisor, assist with the cleaning operations across the Centre, and assist with Centre and kitchen deep cleaning, as and when required
- Assist with laundering of bedding and other Centre and activity clothing, and participate in making beds as required
- Support the operation of the tuck shop till system, accurately and efficiently handling cash
Our teams work hard to ensure that our guests receive the best service at every step, and are rewarded for their efforts.
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include:
- 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme (Contractual)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Free Eye tests
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Industry Leading Training
If you would like to further your career within a dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.