Business Manager - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Fusion Lifestyle are now hiring
Fusion Lifestyle is recruiting for a robust and commercially minded Business Manager to join our team, managing the outstanding Brockwell Lido and Golden Lane Sport Centre, which can be found in the heart of Central London
As a Business Manager you will lead your managers to deliver exceptional financial performance, standards and customer service for your contract. You will also ensure that your team carries out vigorous plans to maximise opportunities and minimise risk, whilst establishing efficient and effective solutions to motivate and develop your team to achieve success.
Fusion manages venues across the UK, offering mainstream and specialist sports and leisure; plus some exciting brands such as INTENCITY (HIIT fitness studio concept), Total Football (5-a-side league venue), and more in the pipeline. We are a registered charity, with a commercial outlook, and are proud to provide our local communities with inclusive and accessible sport and leisure that enhances health, vitality and well-being.
We are also committed to internal promotion, skills training and personal development: our Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) accredited ‘Stride’ leadership development programme advances managers through a structured career path; our Business Managers take a key role in coaching and mentoring our management teams throughout this process.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of Fusion’s business plan (including communication of the corporate business plan to your contract)
- Ensure the development and implementation of, and compliance with, the contract annual financial targets
- Driving income streams for your contract and seeking additional profit streams in the business
- Support the overall process of management and corporate decision making to ensure the contract maximises its short, medium and long term profitability
- Manage compliance, monitoring, reporting and communication of financial and physical resources and all administrative functions
- Contract support teams to deliver on individual centre’s objectives
- Ensure individual centres fully comply with all relevant legislation and best practices
- Ensure centres and contracts are appropriately resourced so that they are able to effectively deliver development plans, contractual terms and conditions, and business objectives
- Ensure contract operating objectives and standards of performance are owned by management teams and employees
- Ensure high quality leisure facilities are kept, and ensure appropriate standards of conduct are established and complied with at all times, as per Fusion’s policies and procedures
- Ensure Customer and Client Relationship Management strategies are fully implemented within your contract
- In conjunction with the HR Team, implement effective recruitment, people management, development, retention and succession planning strategies
- Ensure the workforce completes all necessary mandatory training and qualifications
To be successful as a Business Manager, you will need significant previous experience running commercial sites, along with an understanding of the importance within the local communities of the sites you inherit. You must be able to demonstrate multi-site experience in your application, and have a proven ability to exceed KPIs across the board.
To be successful in this role, you’ll also need:
- A proven track record of financial planning and achievement
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and develop teams of people
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- A wealth of initiative to take responsibility for, and resolve issues effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage large scale projects
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and computer skills
- Knowledge of employment law and practices
- Active affiliation with appropriate networks and organisations, and ongoing community involvement
We have high expectations of our Business Managers, and offer a generous employee benefits package in return for your hard work.
Some of the employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include*:
- Up to 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (Pro rata, contractual)
- Employer Contribution Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme (Contractual)
- Management Pension Scheme*
- Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres*
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products*
- Free eye tests*
- Cycle to work scheme*
- Season Travel Ticket Loans*
- Career advancement opportunities
(*Non contractual employee benefits: Please note that during the period of reopening our centres, some non-contractual employee benefits may be frozen, revised or subject to change. Fusion reserve the right to amend or remove non-contractual employee benefits at any time).
We have a real determination to provide service excellence, and our managers have the drive to ‘make it happen’. They thrive in a fast-paced, energetic environment and want to work for a business that is investing and rapidly growing. Our managers are resilient, tenacious, and passionate to make a difference in local communities.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity then click on the link to apply and register your interest today.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.