Head of Marketing and Communications - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Head of Marketing and Communications - London
Who We Are:
A sports, leisure and fitness operator and registered charity, Fusion Lifestyle is on a mission to bring health and wellbeing to communities across the UK. We are recruiting for a commercially-minded Head of Marketing & Communications to lead the marketing strategy for the organisation; and to deliver brand product development, innovation, and competitive advantage for sustainable business growth.
As Head of Marketing & Communications you will be instrumental in setting the strategic direction for, and driving the delivery of the marketing strategy, continuously developing the Fusion brand. You will achieve this through contract and centre level marketing planning, customer insight, creative enhancement and channel selection, and developing and utilising new customer communication platforms that future proof the business; (e.g.: digital, CRM mechanisms, on and offline customer journey improvements). You’ll also provide clear leadership to the marketing team, develop the B2B brand for the organisation, and lead the marketing aspects of the new business acquisition process.
Other Tasks and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Establish first-class launch programmes for redeveloped facilities, in-line with their new market potential
- Support the design process for redeveloping facilities to reflect local customer profile and corporate brand standards
- Ensure internal customer, third party and client relationship management processes and procedures are fully implemented within the team
- Drive the PR strategy and outputs to support B2C and B2B activity
- In conjunction with the Head of Sales and Commercial, deliver an innovative programme of customer communication, acquisition and retention strategies year-round, to drive commercial outputs across all revenue areas
- In conjunction with the Head of HR, establish and maintain a robust system of internal communication tools and channels, promoting employee engagement and employer brand
- Set and manage a budget commensurate with corporate objectives and deliver improved efficiency of spend year-on-year
- Ensure high quality company-wide training and roll out of new initiatives through consistent, established internal communication channels
- Maintain comprehensive support policies and procedures to support our internal customers
- Lead and develop an effective, cohesive Marketing team to achieve individual, team and business objectives and deliver service excellence to internal customers
- In conjunction with the HR team implement effective recruitment, people management, development, retention and succession planning strategies for the Marketing team
- Line management responsibilities for recruitment, induction, delivering training, appraisal, and development and performance management of Marketing Management team, including 1-2-1s
- Ensure the team is properly resourced to deliver the business objectives
To be successful as Head of Marketing & Communications you will need to have worked in a similar role within a multi-site business. Bringing with you innovative and creative ideas, you’ll need extensive experience of planning and delivering marketing and communications campaigns across a range of media, to a diverse population of customers. You will also need a proven track record of financial planning, and effective management of a substantial budget.
You’ll need to be hands-on; assertive and clear in your direction, and be a commanding yet fair leader, with a passion to develop your team both personally and professionally.
Please note that a degree in Marketing, Communications or a related subject is essential.
Whilst this role would normally be based from our Head Office in London, during the current climate we are offering flexible working/working from home. However, you should be willing to travel extensively nationwide, as our centres cover areas from Devon, London and the South East, Essex, Oxford, Bedford, and as far north as Newcastle.
Some of the employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include*:
- Up to 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (Pro rata, contractual)
- Employer Contribution Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme (Contractual)
- Management Pension Scheme*
- Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres*
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products*
- Free eye tests*
- Cycle to work scheme*
- Season Travel Ticket Loan*
- Career advancement opportunities
(*Non contractual employee benefits: Please note that during the period of reopening our centres, some non-contractual employee benefits may be frozen, revised or subject to change. Fusion reserve the right to amend or remove non-contractual employee benefits at any time).
If you would like to further your career in leisure, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.