Bar Back - London Bridge
Bar Back - London Bridge
LOCATION: London Bridge, UK
RATE OF PAY: £11.05 per hour, plus tips
ABOUT THE COMPANY
tvg hospitality is a global entertainment & hospitality operator with offices in the United Kingdom & the United States. Founded by CEO Ben Lovett, serial entrepreneur and a multi-award winning musician, alongside his brother Greg Lovett who joined the team as CFO following many successful years with the Soho House Group. tvg hospitality is based around two core principles:
The first principle is born through music, and the sacred connection that exists between an artist and their fans. Our mission is to build the best places in the world for those relationships to exist. Our second principle is born through hospitality, notably food & beverage. We believe in the artistry & elevation of not only what we see and hear but also what we taste. From the classics to something new, we pride ourselves on consistently delivering the best products with first class service.
These principles are brought together through a dedication to creativity, craft and character that provides a common ground for some of the world's best engineers, architects, artists, chefs, mixologists and brewers to come together with staff and local communities to create destinations that become landmarks, and experiences we remember forever.
Flat Iron Square is a vibrant hospitality destination looking for passionate, driven and ambitious bar backs. We are looking for enthusiastic bar backs to provide an excellent and impeccable guest experience.
Our Barback are the spine of the team, assisting with the preparation and staging on the bar counters, fridges, back bar and speed rails for service. You’ll ensure the bar has sufficient quantities of all its equipment such as glasses, drinks and crockery. During service you are the right hand to the Bartenders and will ensure the work spaces stay tidy and organised, tables are cleared of glassware and the bar stays stocked according to standards, in addition to the washing and setting of all glassware.
The barback team is responsible for the accepting and distribution of stock deliveries both prior to and during hours of operation.
Shifts include mornings, afternoons, later evenings and weekends.
- Providing a consistently high level of customer service
- Complying with and following licensing regulations, company procedures and policies
- Working as part of a team to deliver excellent customer experience
- Attend and complete all training provided
- Maintain operational standards
- Assisting with opening and closing of bar areas
- Prepping juices, garnishes and moving stock
- Ensuring the bar is well-stocked
- Changing barrels
- Washing and restocking glassware and mixing tools
- Maintaining general site upkeep and cleanliness standards
- Speaking to customers by answering questions, informing management about complaints
- Checking, receiving and storing stock including handover of paperwork to management
- Assisting with deliveries
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and late evenings
- Some product knowledge is desirable, but not essential
- Have a genuine passion for what you do
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Previous experience working as bar back is desirable
In return to your dedication and commitment, we offer:
- Tips and service charge in addition to hourly rate
- Discounts on drinks across the group
- Training and career development programs
- Perk box discounts
- Pension scheme
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
tvg hospitality strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information or identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
tvg hospitality recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. tvg hospitality may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.