Catering Manager - Harwell
- Job Type
Catering Manager - Harwell
Up to 31,000 per annum (DOE)
5 over 7 working pattern including evenings and weekends.
We currently have a really exciting opportunity for a Catering Manager to join our outlets at Harwell Campus. The Catering Manager will oversee day to day management of 2 outlets and oversee the delivery of all including all food and beverage hospitality requirements.
As a Catering Manager, you will enjoy getting the best out of people, you draw satisfaction from managing, training and supporting your team of employees. You will be providing a professional catering service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met.
As the Catering Manager you will required to ensure that your location achieves the financial targets agreed with the client in line with your site budget. You will also be required to monitor the work of all the staff and carry out appraisals, recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
You will be holding team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets and achievements. Making sure we are meeting the standards required by the client. As a team you will ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and that their food service and value expectations are consistently exceeded. Making sure all Food Safety, Health and Safety and Risk Assessments are conducted to ensure that all standards and procedures in respect of Food, Hygiene and Safety are established and maintained.
- Adherence to all client and Company Policies
- Ensure delivery and management of labour strategy in line with contract specifications
- Delivery of all HSE requirements both contractually and legislatively
- Develop continuous improvements and drive additional revenue
- Develop and maintain client relationships at an operational level
- Achievement of financial budgets
- Training and development of all employees
- Liaise, oversee & build relationship with KERB (street food) and traders to ensure trader success
- Customer Feedback is responded to utilising the Did We Make You Smile portal
- Complete bookwork for the campus in line with Compass requirements
- Manage effectively all in unit costs. Monitor and manage GP%
- Ensure full purchasing compliance utilising Foodbuy online
- Ensure cost and sales records are accurately inputted
- All food wastage is recorded and minimised
- Minimum 2 years management experience in a retail and contract catering environment
- Experience within Catering / Food service
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Excellent management skills
- Have a proven track record of delivering client / customer satisfaction through their team
- Ability to work flexibly & remotely with large scale event and retail operational experience
- Valid driving license
- Flexibility to work the hours required to lead during the peak periods of trade and events which will include evenings and weekends on a regular basis
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Teams
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Receive cash rewards every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
Eurest, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, typically serves 250,000 meals daily, servicing approx 300 contracts across over 700 sites nationwide. The company is a major business and industry foodservice provider for UK organisations many of which have been crucially important in keeping the UK economy and society in general, functioning during the pandemic.
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone's talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive - Diversity is Our Strength!