Head Chef - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Head Chef - London
As the Head Chef you'll lead the back of house team in our on-site central kitchen, the heart of the whole Eataly operation. You'll also support the Executive Chef in managing all aspects of the production of authentic Italian dishes in Eataly's restaurants. The Head Chef ensures quality standards are consistently met in the areas of food production, team management and guest experience.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR...
- Significant experience leading a fast paced, high quality kitchen
- Knowledge of high-quality Italian food and dishes
- Solid people management skills, ability to set clear objectives, motivate and monitor progress
- Strong business, organisational and analytical skills in a complex, high volume environment
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule sometimes including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Fluent in English
- Right to work in the UK
- Support the Executive Chef and HR to co-ordinate the recruitment, training, development, evaluation and disciplinary action of employees within the department
- Collaborate closely with the Executive Chef and other heads of department to plan and execute seasonal menus in the restaurants
- Review financial information, such as sales costs and labour, to ensure efficient operations
- Manage the full inventory cycle by estimating needs and placing orders and performing stock controlling duties including spot checks, as well as sorting and filing receiving documents as necessary to organise all BOH paperwork
- Use multiple software programs and excel spreadsheets to update and monitor information for the department
- Document, investigate, escalate and resolve all employee and guest incidents
- Assist the Executive Chef to develop and co-ordinate the integration and implementation of the Kitchen policies and procedures, manuals, directories, menus, H.A.C.C.P and work schedules
- Take on additional responsibilities in absence of line manager or senior employee
THE PERKS OF BEING AN 'EATALIAN'...
- Food on shift
- Employee discount
- Lifestyle and culture discounts through our benefit supplier
- Chef whites provided and laundered
- Cycle to work scheme
- 30 days holiday allowance that increases with length of service
- Technology and gym benefits available
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance program
EAT BETTER, LIVE BETTER!