Chef Manager - Leatherhead
- Job Type
Chef Manager - Leatherhead
Up to 31,000 per annum (DOE)
Predominately Monday to Friday 7am - 3pm
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Chef Manager based at our unit in Leatherhead.
You will be providing outstanding service to the staff and customers whilst guiding and motivating your team to be the best they can possibly be. As the Chef Manager, you need to be commercially aware, with the presence and personality to influence the day-to-day business, you'll maximise the performance of your team, leading by example and setting high standards,
You will enhance sales and provide our customers with great service. You will need to build an excellent relationship with the client making sure their needs as well as contractual needs are met to the highest standard possible
Services: Breakfast and Lunch
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Understand and deliver all contractual terms
- Communicate any on site client changes to line manager.
- Communicate regularly with client (as agreed)
- Action plans are completed following client satisfaction surveys
- Ensure all company promotions are correctly implemented (where applicable)
- Ensure all products are correctly priced
- Identify any additional opportunities and discuss with line manager
- Analyse and effectively manage all in unit costs
- Monitor and manage GP
- Ensure cost and sales records are accurately inputted and maintained
- All food wastage is recorded and minimised
- Team are supported, trained, coached and develop
- Labour turnover is monitored, and team is fully recruited
- Produce and utilise succession plan
- Implement all relevant HSE procedures within the unit and review them as appropriate.
- Ensure that all HSE incidents are correctly reported and investigated with relevant reviews of work procedures.
- Report HSE issues beyond your control to your line manager.
- Ensure everyone is trained and adheres to all H&S and FS policies
- Ensure all food Prepared, cooked, and presented to the required standards and portion specifications
- Manage the processing of food orders, the receipt and storage of deliveries
- Maintain the cleanliness of all kitchens and surrounding working areas
- Ensure the correct use of all machinery and equipment
- Perform other general tasks to support effective food service delivery as reasonably requested
- Previous culinary experience
- Previous management experience in a similar role including client management
- Previous Contract Catering experience preferred
- Passionate about working in a food service environment
- Good communication skills and able to work positively with others as part of a team
- Friendly, helpful & polite
- NVQ Lvl2 in professional cookery or equivalent
- Basic food hygiene Level 2
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Free meal on shift
- Free parking
- Uniform provided
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Receive cash rewards every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
As part of Compass you'll help to feed people, fuel progress and forge connections in around 6,000 venues. Join us to grow your career with the industry leader, and get competitive pay, great perks and unrivalled opportunities for learning and development, at one of the UK's biggest businesses.
Job Reference: com/3110/40252001/52475881/SU
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone's talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive - Diversity is Our Strength!