Chef Manager - Cheltenham
- Job Type
Chef Manager - Cheltenham
Up to 28,000 per Annum (DOE)
Monday - Friday role working 7am until 3:30pm
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Chef Manager to join our team based in Cheltenham. You will be providing outstanding service to the staff and customers whilst guiding and motivating your team to be the best they can possibly be.
As the Chef Manager, you need to be commercially aware, with the presence and personality to influence the day-to-day business, you'll maximise the performance of your team. Leading by example and setting high standards, you'll enhance sales and provide our customers with great service.
You will need to build an excellent relationship with the client making sure their needs as well as contractual needs are met to the highest standard possible.
- Services: Breakfast, Lunch, Hospitality and Vending
- Leading the onsite catering team
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness of the modern kitchen and front of house environment
- Ensuring the correct use of all kitchen machinery and equipment
- Complying with Food Handling & Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations
- Completing weekly bookwork and reports
- Stock taking and ordering
- Experience in a Chef Manager/Head chef role essential
- Previous contract catering experience preferred
- Proven experience in managing successful teams in a similar environment
- Experienced in working in a fast-paced environment.
- Retail and commercial skills are essential.
- Financial awareness.
- Motivated to deliver consistent high standards of food and service quality.
- Friendly and approachable, with the management skills to develop and manage a team.
- A 'can-do' attitude.
- Computer literate.
- NVQ Level 1 & 2 or City & Guilds 706/1 and 2 ideal
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Free meals
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Receive cash rewards every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
Here's an idea of what your shift pattern will be:
As part of Compass you'll help to feed people, fuel progress and forge connections in around 6,000 venues. Join us to grow your career with the industry leader, and get competitive pay, great perks and unrivalled opportunities for learning and development, at one of the UK's biggest businesses.
Job Reference: com/2010/99899001/52601390/SU
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone's talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive - Diversity is Our Strength!