Kitchen Porter - Lancashire
- Job Type
- Full Time
Job Number 22201249
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Delta Hotels Preston, Garstang Road Broughton, Preston, England, United Kingdom
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Start Your Journey With Us
An exciting opportunity to start your career journey with Marriott Hotels. Come and join our Kitchen team at the four star Delta Hotels by Marriott Preston and develop your career while providing a professional and energetic service to our members and hotel guests.
The Delta Hotels by Marriott Preston is a grand Victorian manor house which sits in landscaped gardens and exudes charm and warmth from the moment you arrive. It's situated just off the M6 motorway on the outskirts of the city and it easily accessible by car and it is also on a main public transport route.
It the perfect location for business and leisure and has a focus on culinary excellence with our Brew Bar and Cast Iron Bar and Grill Restaurant. Marriott International is the worlds' largest hotel company and provides associates with extensive, ongoing training and development for long term career opportunities. Delta Hotels by Preston Marriott has fully equipped fitness centre and swimming pool.
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine, hand wash stations pot-scrubbing station, and trash compactor.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen and store room areas, tables, tools, knives, and equipment. Receive deliveries, store perishables properly, and rotate stock.
- Empty and maintain bins.
- Clean and mop all areas in assigned departments.
- Break down cardboard boxes and place them and other recyclables in the recycle bin.
- Follow instruction as per Executive Head Chef and Sous Chefs.
Perks you deserve
- Team-spirited co-workers
- Encouraging management
- Wellbeing programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Gym membership
- Meals on duty
- Generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family
- Employee Assistance Scheme to help guide you through the challenging times in your life.
- Recommend a Friend
- Length of Service Recognition.
- Life Assurance Cover.
- Access to the fantastic Marriott UK Benefits Site where you can take advantage of great discounts including, travel, cycle to work, shopping discounts at over 60 major UK retailers and so much more
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
With our diverse portfolio of locations, you'll find Delta Hotels in world-renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 19 brands you'll find Marriott International in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World at Delta Hotels.