Customer Service Supervisor - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Customer Service Supervisor - Cabin Crew - City Cruises - Bermondsey, London
Reporting to: Senior Customer Experience Manager
About City Cruises
City Cruises Ltd is the leading operator of passenger services on the River Thames, carrying in excess of 4 million people annually on its extensive sightseeing, entertainment and charter services. Based at Cherry Garden Pier, City Cruises operates 19 revenue earning passenger carrying boats, along with a small fleet of support vessels and barges.
Supervise the retail sales and customer service delivery across the City Cruises fleet. Ensure that the cabin crew staff are working to deliver the customer experience in line with company training, merchandising products to company standards, selling to meet revenue budgets and delivering excellent service to our customers.
- On the job training and supervision of cabin crew to ensure the correct use of Standard Operation Procedures on a daily basis.
- To ensure that the onboard facilities comply with all relevant legislation relating to health and safety, food hygiene regulations and licensing legislation.
- Support staff in resolving issues and discrepancies during the shift and reporting any unresolved issues to management.
- Issue instructions each day and assign duties to cabin crew. Monitoring and observing cabin crew carrying out these duties as expected by the Food & Beverage department.
- Demonstrate best practice is sales and customer service techniques and ensure the effective supervision of all team members on your shift.
- Observe and evaluate cabin crew performance. Offer advice and recommendations for improvements. Highlight training needs to Food & Beverage department.
- Supervise the preparation of the vessel, making sure that the retail area, cabin and facilities are clean and presentable before departure and throughout the service.
- Supervise cabin crew in their support of the boat crew.
- Provide all the service required as a member of the cabin crew during each shift.
- Audit paperwork and checklists to ensure compliance with company procedures and regulations.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Proven experience within Customer Services in a customer facing role
- Supervised a team
- Experience working with retail sales
- Travel & Tourism background
- Worked in a sales environment*
- Perform great customer service
- Act with integrity at all times
- Approach everything with integrity with what you do
- Deliver excellence through profit, customer satisfaction and living our City Cruises values
- Work with empathy
- Able to work to high standards of accuracy
- To exhibit a professional attitude at all times
- Smart/Well presented and represent the company at all times
- Excellent communication skills and highly organised
- Sales driven
- Customer focused
- Calm and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- To be flexible in carrying out your duties at any of the company’s locations, offices or departments and fulfill other tasks that fall within your post as required
- Company focused
- Willingness to learn and progress
- Problem solver
- Can speak a 2nd language
- Good mentoring skills
In return, we offer you:
- A challenging but rewarding career with the opportunity to increase salary through commission achieved through sales;
- Substantial development and internal career progression opportunities;
- Discounted cinema tickets;
- Substantial discounts on attraction tickets to many of London’s premie
If you are looking for a new challenge and have co-ordinator, Team Leader or Supervisory experience and meet the below questions then please apply.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £23,788 per annum