Hospitality Assistant - London
- Job Type
As a member of our Hospitality team you will be delivering First class catering for Conference & Events taking place on Campus.
We cater for all shapes and sizes of Events from Small meetings with a light lunch through to Formal sit down dinners and weddings meaning no two days are ever the same!
The ideal candidate will have a background in hospitality from either the Hotel industry or Contract catering and be comfortable working in a fast paced environment where outstanding service is our number 1 priority.
A typical day in our Hospitality team will start with collecting the daily orders sheet and preparing the equipment needed to deliver the catering across campus. With the team organised and briefed on the days events you will then go out to your allocated bookings to deliver the order and set this out at the scheduled time. Greeting the customers and explaining their catering order to them and arranging a time to return and clear up after their meeting. You will be making various deliveries and working with varied clients across campus throughout the day, meeting lots of new people on the way.
Our ideal Hospitality Assistant will:
- Have a passion for delivering outstanding service, greeting customers with a smile and serving them with pride
- Take initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers
- Be an excellent team player with great communication skills
- Have a desire to succeed in your role
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Receive cash rewards every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Chartwells is the leading provider of catering and support services to the education sector. For over a quarter of a century Chartwells has been focusing on helping those in education to build strong bodies, sharp minds and lead long healthy lives. Every week, Chartwells serves millions of nutritious and delicious meals to pupils and students in primary and secondary schools, academies, independent schools, colleges and universities across the UK.
Job Reference: com/2711/98782001/52490212/SU
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone's talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive - Diversity is Our Strength!