Head Chef - Chelmsford
- Chartwells - Independent
- Chelmsford, Essex
- 06 Feb 2023
- 01 Mar 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef de Partie, Commis Chef, Head Chef
- Job Type
What we'll give:
Up to 50K
Excellent work/life balance
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- The Head Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company's reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Taking responsibility for the food production with a hands-on approach
- Implement balanced menus through centrally and independent driven menu planning and promotions through preferred suppliers
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, H&S and COSHH
- The Head Chef will also be required to implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets.
- Oversee hospitality and events
- Excellent, Innovative culinary and presentation skills
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Energetic, with a passion to do a great job
- Able to manage staff in a calm, inspirational manner
- A forward-thinker who can prevent wastage
- Demonstrates a passion for food
- Team Player
- Excellent organisation skills
- Numerate and computer literate with an understanding of financial drivers
- A clear understanding of purchasing policy, budgeting and food costing, including control
- Team Motivator
- Attention to detail
Fantastic Opportunity-Prestigious Independent School
Chartwells Independent is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative menus delivered with an exceptional service.
We know as a company that great food comes from great ingredients. Our Chefs use seasonal produce, adding their own individual creativity to let the food speak for itself. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a diverse range of cuisines that keep up to date with today's trends ensuring we offer a great dining experience.
We nurture and develop our teams to enrich their skills which allows them to show their passion and inspiration that as a company we are proud to encourage.
You will be part of a team that supports high quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and staff.
You will be leading a team who share the same passion for preparing exciting fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Head Chef to lead our dedicated catering team, who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients in this highly prestigious unit.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an inspirational and enthusiastic Head Chef to make a name for themselves within the contract catering industry.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary