Assistant Catering Manager - St Albans
- Chartwells - Independent
- St Albans, Hertfordshire
- 06 Feb 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- Bar & Pub jobs, Assistant Restaurant & Bars Manager, Restaurant, Catering & Hospitality jobs, Assistant Restaurant Manager, Catering and Banqueting Manager
- Job Type
What we'll give:
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Salary up to 21,600
- 40 Week Contract - 10 weeks holidays
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
Being an Independent School, this contract offers a desirable work / life balance
The main facilities are of a high standard, the client is proactive and supportive of the catering team. On site parking available.
The current FOH team has good experience and the local knowledge to help an Assistant Manager understand the operation and settle into the role.Who you are:
Key Qualities we require are as follows;
Good communicator - efficient and precise.
A relationship builder with many key stakeholders.
Passionate / innovative about working with food and people,
Comfortable with responsibility.
A team builder /able to develop younger team members, can do approach.
Good computer skills
Well presented with excellent communication skills
As part of Compass you'll help to feed people, fuel progress and forge connections in around 6,000 venues. Join us to grow your career with the industry leader, and get competitive pay, great perks and unrivalled opportunities for learning and development, at one of the UK's biggest businesses.What you'll be doing:
This is a varied role that will involve front of house duties, stakeholder management, training and development of the team and administration tasks.
- Staff planning - rotas, training / recruitment,
- Service planning / costing. Working within agreed budget / monthly costings.
- Allergen management / medical diet menus.
- Food ordering and stock management.
- Food Safety and Health and Safety management ( silver standard compliance ) of the front of house areas and front of house personnel
-Taking part In unit management meetings and meetings with the client.