Pastry Commis Chef - South Croydon
- Chartwells - Independent
- South Croydon, Greater London
- 06 Feb 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef de Partie, Commis Chef, Pastry Chef
- Job Type
- Full Time
What we'll give:
Up to 14ph
Contracted to 45 weeks per year
7 weeks holidays
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- To prepare, cook and assemble menus aligned to client environment and centrally driven menus and promotions where appropriate
- Follow set portion control and ensure all food is purchased in the first instance from our preferred list of suppliers wherever possible
- To ensure all food is stored, handled and packed at the correct temperature and in accordance with Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations.
- To maintain records of temperatures and remedial action taken where necessary, reporting all issues to your line manager
- To serve on the food counters in the client's premises following all customer service standards
- Use machinery as shown and trained to ensure equipment is used safely and in accordance with legislation, and reporting of equipment issues to your line manager
- To ensure that work areas are kept clean and that all waste is recorded and disposed of correctly.
- To be competent and skilled to work in all areas of preparation, cook and counter service.
- Ensure the quality and presentation of the food is to the highest standard and specification.
- Ensure the quality and the presentation of hospitality catering is to the highest standard
- To comply with all Health and safety legislation.
- To attend and comply with any training by Brands, Health and Safety, Food Safety etc.
- To ensure you comply with current dress and personal hygiene regulations.
- To be responsible for monitoring and recording, day to day production schedule of each menu item.
- Committed to food and customer service innovation
- Excellent people skills with the ability to develop and work well within a team
- Proven track record with stock management, H&S and food safety.
- Passion for high quality tasty food, and someone who keeps up to date with food trends
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Have a flexible approach with a "can do" attitude
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
A fantastic opportunity and perfect role for a Commis Pastry Chef looking to develop and grow.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Commis Pastry Chef to join our team in York. The successful Commis Pastry Chef will prepare, assemble and cook menu dishes, providing high quality dishes for the customer and client. Assist in general cleaning of the kitchen, maintaining high standards of hygiene. Drive sales through centrally driven menu plans and promotions and ensure compliance through preferred suppliers. Provide high quality service to customers and client in line with a food service offer that is applicable to sector and client.