#workfamily #team #ilovemyjob #worktogetherlaughtogether #contagiouspassionforcoffee #espressosandexperience #intelligentcoffee #100yearsinthemaking #blends #singleorigin #knowledgeispower #deliciousfood #diversityistrength #pluralisticbychoice #hiring
Caffè Terra was born from a family business that has been roasting coffee in Italy since 1921. After nearly a century in the game, Caffè Terra, with your help, will be bringing its bold blends and tantalizing food to the streets of London. Our first store will be opening in Rathbone Square in January 2019, with other Central London locations to follow very soon! This is a very exciting time in the history of the Caffè Terra brand and we would be thrilled to have you on board as part of our diverse work family.
Join us in time for our launch and have the benefit of being trained directly by our team coming in from Italy! You will be able to access to our endless knowledge about our world-class coffee and our rich international history, and how we are part of the next wave of the coffee generation. You will become a master at grinding, pressing and pulling the perfect espresso and impressing all our discerning coffee connoisseurs. You will learn how our fresh and natural food menu perfectly complements our earthy undertones. Your skills set will become wider as you develop into your role. You will learn, you will grow, you will progress. There will be plenty of opportunity for self-development and career progression in our work family.
You will be part of a team that creates a warm and welcoming work family atmosphere that is a Caffè Terra value, whilst being part of an efficient and effective group that delivers on commercial expectations.
You will obsess over details to please every individual in our customer base, including all our neighbours from the millennials to the millionaires, other retail teams and office workers, to tourists, shoppers and friendly commuters. You will bring a keen awareness of health and safety, food hygiene and excellent customer service to the store.
The ideal candidates will be self-motivated, have the ability to make decisions in a time pressured environment and is results oriented. Ideally you will have prior experience in a food/coffee retail environment. Your shifts will vary each week between 6am-8pm including weekends, so it is really important you are fully flexible and able to commute to Central London.
Alongside a passion for coffee and food, you will have:
- prior experience in a food/coffee retail environment
- the ambition to succeed
- the desire to work with a dynamic, multicultural team where no one day will be the same
- the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding industry
- the ability to set clear expectations, monitor success as well as failure (and develop learning points for our teams from this), provide and receive regular feedback (positive and constructive) and maintain an atmosphere of can-do support across teams
- trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
- flexibility: the ability to roll up your sleeves and become a valued member of our team, and instil these values in your own team
- the ability to make decisions for the smooth operation of our stores using your leadership and management skills
- good IT skills including MS Office products, Google products, various apps and an interest in keeping up with changing IT trends
- good data interpretation and data manipulation skills
- excellent English (written and oral) skills, other languages and are a bonus
- cross-cultural intelligence
- the desire to learn, have fun and build good relationships
- bring the concept of meraki into your work ‘doing something with soul, creativity, or love — when you put "something of yourself" into what you're doing, whatever it may be
- your own individual spark
- salary, dependent on role and prior experience
- full time and part time roles available, Monday to Sunday, 6am to 8pm, with some flexibility required
- 28 days holiday p.a. (including bank holidays)
- free freshly prepared drinks and food
- enrolment in the company pension scheme
- access to reduced cost private health insurance
- interest free season ticket loan