Fitness Manager - Dartford
- Job Type
- Full Time
Fitness Manager - Dartford
Responsible to: General Manager
A fantastic opportunity is available to join Birchwood Park, currently being rebranded Birchwood Park Golf and Country Club.
Birchwood’s gym is about to undertaking a complete transformation with the addition of a swimming pool, spa facilities and new studios in addition to its extensive golf and events facilities. This project provides a very exciting and financially rewarding opportunity.
If you are passionate about fitness, working within a team to succeed and maintaining fantastic customer relationships then we want to hear from you.
Responsible for the entire health and fitness department operation including fitness arena, swimming pool, studios and R&R area. Takes full control of budgets and timetabling of the fitness department, and develops profit and loss plans to maximise revenue and success while maintaining excellent customer service. Manages a team of co-workers, and works alongside other HoDs.
Must have a minimum of 2 years management experience, relevant fitness qualifications and pool plant operation qualification is desirable.
- Manages the fitness department, which includes fitness arena, studios, swimming pool and R&R area.
- Provides member and visitor satisfaction, through NPS, customer and staff surveys
- Maintains existing health and fitness programmes and develops new ideas/strategies that ensure the highest possible quality of service to meet customer expectations and assures repeat business.Must keep abreast of the latest technology and trends.
- Ensures all policies and procedures related to the operation of the health and fitness department are enforced and implemented appropriately, including member inductions, programme writing and reviews and personnel management.
- Leads the health and fitness team and co-workers, including hiring, training, scheduling, developing, evaluating, and discipline and performance management.
- Understands pool plant operation and maintains all staff training and plant operation in line with health and safety requirements.
- Ensures that co-workers meet all standards for performance, appearance and service provision, determines duties and division of responsibilities.
- Creates and develops class timetables and swimming timetables and ensures utilisation, monitor and controls are in place to ensure the maximum levels of customer satisfaction and attendance.
- Proficient in cash handling.
- Up to date understanding of currently legislation regarding health and safety.
- Analyses cost lines to ensure profitability including labour costs.
- Completes financial reports and budgets to keep management informed of goals and status, and to aid in making effective business decisions.Responsible for department accounting and files.
- Develops accurate and aggressive long- and short-range financial objectives and capital improvement needs for leisure operations consistent with centre objectives and corporate profitability goals in partnership with the General Manager.
- Works with other departments to ensure efficiencies of operations.
- Implements and maintains effective inventory of stock and assets.Ensuring H&S checks and monitoring is recorded.
- Approves or reviews all bookings and procedures for all fitness related activities
- Works with other areas of the business to ensure efficiencies of operations.
- Maintains knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
We expect all our staff to strive to:
- Maintain open and honest communication with our customers, both internal and external, at all times.
- Create and have a positive impact on our local community.Supporting regular neighbourhood events and working closely with society.
- Protect and nurture our environment, consider everything from alternative work methods through to maintaining and supporting our local wildlife.
- Support each other in everything we do, recognised and develop each individuals potential.
- Take complete ownership of their own actions and have pride in what they do.
- Deliver to our customer’s consistent high levels of service, quality and value in everything we do
- Look for alternatives to what we do seeking out and exploiting natural resources.
Unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted
Please submit your application by Sunday 25th June 2017