Fitness Instructor - Dartford
- Job Type
- Full Time
Fitness Instructor - Dartford
Responsible to: Fitness Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for a fitness instructor to join our newly opened health and fitness area at Birchwood Park Golf and Country Club. Following a £5 million re development Birchwood Park now offers a large gym with over 60 pieces of equipment, 3 studios (including spinning), 25 metre swimming pool and Rest & Relaxation area (including hydrotherapy pools, sauna, steam room and heated beds).
The delivery of excellent service at all times to ensure customer satisfaction and maximise retention of members. To conduct a variety of operational duties involved in the smooth running of the facility.
- Consult new members on their health and fitness goals and design an appropriate programme
- Instruct them on equipment, ensuring they are exercising safely and effectively
- Be responsible for the ongoing care of members
- Review members progress and change their programme at required intervals
- Follow up non attendees to encourage more regular participation
- Come up with/be involved with new ideas to promote members motivation and retention
Gym Floor Cover
- Maintain a presence on the gym floor
- Remain approachable and visible at all times
- When appropriate, chat to members while they are working out
- Monitor and correct exercise intensity and techniques
- Ensure that equipment is kept clean at all times
- Ensure the Club Rules are complied with by gym users at all times
- Assist pool staff in ensuring poolside and the changing rooms are well maintained, clean and all equipment is put away
- Carry out water tests when required
- Ensure poolside rules are complied with by pool users at all times
- Be responsible for opening and closing the health and fitness areas (including gym, studios, swimming pool and relaxation areas) when on shift and undertake any duties required in the process
- Ensure, the presentation, cleanliness and hygiene of the health and fitness area is maintained to a high standard at all times
- Complies with BGL personnel policies and health and safety procedures
- To undertake any further duties as requested by the management
We expect all our staff to strive to:
- Maintain open and honest communication with our customers, both internal and external, at all times.
- Create and have a positive impact on our local community. Supporting regular neighbourhood events and working closely with society.
- Protect and nurture our environment, consider everything from alternative work methods through to maintaining and supporting our local wildlife.
- Support each other in everything we do, recognised and develop each individuals potential.
- Take complete ownership of their own actions and have pride in what they do.
- Deliver to our customer’s consistent high levels of service, quality and value in everything we do
- Look for alternatives to what we do seeking out and exploiting natural resources.