Head Chef - Woking
- Job Type
- Full Time
Head Chef - Hoebridge Golf Centre
An exciting position has become available for a talented Head Chef at Hoebridge Golf Centre, Old Woking,
Main responsibilities to include:
- Manages all food preparation for all catering outlets, which may include bar/lounge, snack bar and convenience cart.
- Ensures that co-workers meet all standards for performance, appearance and service provision.
- Maintains existing food programmes and develops new concepts/strategies that ensure the highest possible quality of food quality service to meet guest/member expectations and assure repeat business.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures related to the operation of the Food & Beverage department are enforced and implemented appropriately, including personnel management, sanitation, food preparation, storage and health and safety.
- Creates and develops menus and prices, in conjunction with Food & Beverage Manager, using Core Cards to ensure cost of sales targets are met and profits maximised.
- Responsible for all food and supply purchases, including full compliance with nominated vendors.
- Responsible for controlling food and labour costs by accurately estimating needs for supplies and staffing.
- Implements and maintains effective inventory and shortage controls.
- Ensures that adequate inventories are maintained and storage is provided.
- Reviews all bookings for catered activities, i.e., banquets and meetings.
- Recommends equipment to be used and is responsible for the proper selection of all food products in accordance with Company standards and/or national purchasing guidelines.
- Conducts staff meetings with and post notices for co-workers to communicate goals, events and any changes to policy and/or procedure.
- Works with other departments to ensure efficiencies of operations.
- Maintains knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- City & Guilds 706 1 & 2 or equivalent preferred*
- Five GCSE passes, including English and Math’s, at grade C or above.*
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Kitchen Management Experience of 2-4 years
- Knowledge of food service
- Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Self starter and motivator
Shift pattern that will include evenings & weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00 /year
Apply for Head Chef - Woking
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly